Jason Knight

Jimbo Ram

19 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Really?? ??‍♂️??‍♂️ 2 whole years ??

Makes a huge difference can player prosper in Championship aged 17 or 19. Also, Bellingham can get home-grown status as he is signed before turning 18.

Both factors worth of millions.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Amusing that you slag off mutants but your profile emoji is of someone with buttocks transplanted on their face. 

Yep, Donald Trump. That POS is a mutant and his whole family are the same. And before anyone says it has nothing to do with me, I am a US citizen and lived there for 20 years in SW Missouri.

2 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

Yep, Donald Trump. That POS is a mutant and his whole family are the same. And before anyone says it has nothing to do with me, I am a US citizen and lived there for 20 years in SW Missouri.

Just slightly ironic that's all after your comments about Burnley inhabitants being mutants. 

Burnley have new owners and presumably a Bob or two, it would resolve any linger FFP P+S issues but unless we have a serious money problem and/targets lined up it would seem precipitous .. and I’d be mardier than when Will went.

Grittiest midfielder with skill I have seen in a long while. Please nooooooo. 

Knight Sibley and Buchanan are are diamonds we just can’t afford to lose the likes of them if we want to progress with youth on our side and it would irritate the living daylights out of me if we sold to Burnley - if Man United came in and they might then the lad would want to go as a fan of them and they would pay decent money - no sale 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Looking at the link it seems to me this is something they are looking at more for the summer than Jan as they're mainly look at loans in Jan. By then we will know what position we are in financially

If we sold and they loaned him back to us for rest of this year, I think that could work

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

No chance the new owners instantly sell a top young talent. 

Why do you think that? FFP doesn't just disappear with new owners and I'm sure they wouldn't sell him for peanuts (although that is the Derby Way), but if they want to fund a squad rebuild then they may very well have to sell a few of the prospects.

We don't even know what the new owners intentions are at this point - they could just be here to extract as much money as possible like the Oystons, etc for all we know.

9 hours ago, Gritty said:

This is about right I reckon. Players only go for high fees if a) there is a bun fight for their signature (so far we haven;t heard there is any other interest); or b) the selling club doesn't need the cash (we do regardless of takeover because FFP calculations mean we need to balance books)

He's got great potential and is already a very good championship player. But there's no way we'd command a fee anything close to £10mn in our situation

No point in adherence to FFP if we go down by selling ouR best players, we’re also doing fine on the FFP front, especially given there a COVID allowances 

9 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

If they bid, I would expect Derby to accept a much lower bid if finances are really that bad. No takeover, Derby may not have any choice but to accept a much smaller bid unfortunately. 

Are the finances that bad?  We had FFP problems 2016/2017 which caused us problems for a 3 year cycle but we have lowered our outgoings so I don’t think that is an issue going forward.  Mel will not be spending at the moment but I don’t think we are desperate to sell to balance books or anything 

For all we know, Mel may have decided we've had our very last penny from him, especially if the takeover doesn't happen.

In which case, Jason will be available for not such a pretty sum.

£6m tops in such a scenario.

Archived