Jason Knight

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

According to the 72, Burnley are preparing a bid.....

If there was 1 player out of our whole squad that I dont want to sell it is Knight.

I know this is way over the top, but if it is a penny below 15 million I wouldnt even entertain it.

You just cant replace his running, tackling, goals so easily.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If there was 1 player out of our whole squad that I dont want to sell it is Knight.

I know this is way over the top, but if it is a penny below 15 million I wouldnt even entertain it.

You just cant replace his running, tackling, goals so easily.

Agree. Maybe 10 mill plus Vydra might soften the blow?

Oh god I hope not. How depressing is it that we speak so highly of our academy lads and yet we lose our brightest stars to Watford, Sheffield United and Burnley. So depressing.

Knight would fit Burnley perfectly. Hope it’s rubbish as he clearly loves it here and will only improve. 

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The 72 are doing a cover of The Sun on Sunday newspaper report. Wouldn't surprise me if it originated from here and the amount of posters that have said they wouldn't be surprised to see Burnley come in for him. 

On 23/07/2020 at 23:56, Leicester Ram said:

Not going to worry too much about his position for now, he’s grabbed goals at RM and CAM. Looked much better on the wing in the past few games and he’ll be a valuable part of the squad next season.

If we transition back to the 4-3-3, he’ll fit better. As mentioned, I think we’re eventually headed for a midfield of Bird holding with Knight and Sibley in front of him but not while Rooney/Bielik are around.

Seems like the sort of person who makes it as well. Hard working, keeping his head down, no nonsense haircut. I would bet my house on Sean Dyche signing him one day.

Called it.

We have always made Burnley pay top dollar for our players. Re Knight people would say £15m, I would go higher, he is 19, a full international and is burning the Championship up, with circa 50 games to his name. He will play in the Prem as he has talent and desire in spades. Bigger clubs than Burnley (no disrespect to them) will come in for him and I would set the price at north of £20m, you are not just getting potential here, you are getting a proven player.    

5 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

We have always made Burnley pay top dollar for our players. Re Knight people would say £15m, I would go higher, he is 19, a full international and is burning the Championship up, with circa 50 games to his name. He will play in the Prem as he has talent and desire in spades. Bigger clubs than Burnley (no disrespect to them) will come in for him and I would set the price at north of £20m, you are not just getting potential here, you are getting a proven player.    

It will all depend on how short of money we are.....

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It will all depend on how short of money we are.....

I agree, I don't think FFP is an issue anymore, as Mel has reduced our outgoings. It depends on the new owners and how they want to run the club re investment. we all hope for lots of investment but we cannot take it for granted.     

Well that’s the least surprising transfer link I’ve ever heard. If he wants the move, and who could blame him considering the absolute mess we’re currently in, then there’s not much we can do to stand in his way. If we’re desperate for cash, which I’m sure we are given the failed takeover, then selling Knight is probably a good call. He will definitely be worth the most out of our young players, considering the number of games he’s now played at Championship level, and the fact he’s got international caps. Probably at peak value too considering the start he’s had to the season.

To be fair, and I’m sure I’m on my own here... I don’t actually rate him that much. I mean I love the effort and desire he shows as much as the next man, but I’m just not convinced he offers enough quality in the final third considering he’s an attacking midfielder. Too often attacks break down because his final ball isn’t good enough. He will need replacing if he leaves though, of course. He’s a key player for us at the moment.

Archived