Jason Knight

Jimbo Ram

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Aside from the bit about him being an obviously better footballer than Jeff Hendrick, I agree with everything in this.

Particularly the bit about having a lower ceiling but a higher floor.

I'm not a big Hendrick fan. I am absolutely not surprised there are Newcastle fans that want him gone ASAP despite a promising debut. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm not a big Hendrick fan. I am absolutely not surprised there are Newcastle fans that want him gone ASAP despite a promising debut. 

To be fair, when you said 'footballer', I took it as being synonymous with technical ability. If you meant as an all-rounder, you're probably correct.

lets be honest there is not one true article in any paper or silly little football site which has not made two plus two 5 its the same old garbage regurgitated from one rumour to another . which stupidly a lot on here get involved in and take for true and reply to its all this click bait trash that sites like all the live ones the athletic and many many others read on news now its utter garbage the people who write or should i say make it up have not one ounce of journalistic skills have never done an interview and are 99 times out of a hundred wrong.

because of Burnley take over and knight playing well they are trying to make a story out of it they get stupid supporters arguing over a non existent fee approach and remember why do all these people who write these stupid report never show a picture or hardly ever support Derby. come on guys grow some.

On 04/01/2021 at 12:38, Ambitious said:

I like Knight, but I feel he has a lower ceiling than some of our other players. Equally, I would argue that his endeavor means he has a higher floor too. 

So what you're essentially saying is that Knight lives in a caravan?

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He has been our most successful sale to the premiership so far and it’s a shame he ran his contract down at Burnley because we would have picked up more money had he been sold 

On 04/01/2021 at 15:34, admira said:

No doubt we will give him away for peanuts like we always seem to do with our star players.

not this time, what you don't want is an uncontested bid from a single club.  Just enough to unsettle the player (or more likely his agent) but not enough for us to get the return we deserve.  Knight will get he interest of more than 1 club and if he goes it will be at the end of a bidding war

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He has been our most successful sale to the premiership so far and it’s a shame he ran his contract down at Burnley because we would have picked up more money had he been sold 

Very true, but an attacking midfielder who barely gets on the ball, barely scores and doesn't create a great deal just bewilders me. I don't see what he actually does very well, other than the odd highlight reel goal. Newcastle picked him up on a free then he had a good debut. I think, judging by the comments on Twitter, many would happily see him walk away for nothing right now. I can see a cash rich Championship club coming in for him and regretting it. 

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So what you're essentially saying is that Knight lives in a caravan?

Knighty has a monster Winnebago with a helicopter pad on the roof and a Riva Powerboat hanging on davits off the back

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Very true, but an attacking midfielder who barely gets on the ball, barely scores and doesn't create a great deal just bewilders me. I don't see what he actually does very well, other than the odd highlight reel goal. Newcastle picked him up on a free then he had a good debut. I think, judging by the comments on Twitter, many would happily see him walk away for nothing right now. I can see a cash rich Championship club coming in for him and regretting it. 

He’s not really been an attacking midfielder in the premiership more of the tall strong all day runners of a midfield 4 whilst at Burnley, probably Newcastle are a bit more open 

Keep Knight!!! would not even think of selling ...his value will only increase, for me one of the best players to come out of our academy and think will go on to be a better player than Hughes

His workrate is immense and hope Rooney keeps him for at least next couple of seasons, I think Rooney will help him to develop even more.

15 hours ago, S8TY said:

Keep Knight!!! would not even think of selling ...his value will only increase, for me one of the best players to come out of our academy and think will go on to be a better player than Hughes

His workrate is immense and hope Rooney keeps him for at least next couple of seasons, I think Rooney will help him to develop even more.

Agree but our present predicament may mean Mel wanting to claw back previous investment.let's hope not but a pound in the hand is worth three in the bush?

Think it says all there is to say about young Jason Knight that no less than 4 Premiership clubs are showing interest. I'd hope a huge fee will be the result if he is allowed to leave though I'd very much hope that is not the case. With another year on his back he'll be a £20 million player all day long. Equally unimpressed with the idea of losing Sibbo to be honest.

Archived