v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

It might be argued that Sheff wed aren’t doing too bad for a team in crisis. 7 points from 9. But Middlesbrough had loads of shots according to the stats.

I just hope we follow one good win with another. Whilst we were great against Swansea and brum I didn’t think we were exactly sparkling v Preston - even with 11 on the pitch. Plenty of endeavour but we didn’t create many chances. Sibley gave us another dimension v brum. Hopefully we can carry on where we left off even on their pudding of a pitch.

I assume Buchanan back for fozzy.  
Please keep the ball away from Marshall. His kicking gives me skid marks. 

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me keep the same 11 that started and played so well against Brum, feel if we are on our game we will win this one 2-1, Jozwiak and Knight with the goals, think our midfield trio of Bielik, Shinnie and Knight will be to strong for them and Kazim will bully there defence, and Jozwiak will run them ragged. 

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

For me keep the same 11 that started and played so well against Brum, feel if we are on our game we will win this one 2-1, Jozwiak and Knight with the goals, think our midfield trio of Bielik, Shinnie and Knight will be to strong for them and Kazim will bully there defence, and Jozwiak will run them ragged. 

I agree, although think you’re being generous giving them 1.

we are starting to boss teams in the middle and defend well.   Also I heard Bannan is out. ???

1 hour ago, jcidaho said:

Just posted a thread in the football area about a car crash of a press briefing by their chairman, that the fans are reacting badly to.  Well worth a read.

just had a scan over.. shocking please if we get the take over done we don't have owners like this the likes of forest etc

the promising fact is they have seemingly got the mac and this shows they listen 

1 hour ago, Sean said:

This is the first game eligible for my 10k charity run pledge so if you'd like to donate in aid of Derby & Burton Hospitals any help would be greatly appreciated!

If we win I will donate £10, if we draw or lose I will run a 10k for the charity, for each game in 2021! Wish me luck...

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/running-10k-if-Derby-county-dont-win-dbhc

Good luck best wishes @Sean have donated ?

So a quick question

if Sheffield Wednesday are not paying their players and Derby county are not paying their players is this match a game of professional football - or is it two pubs playing each other in which case it can’t happen as we are in tier 4 and it can’t happen? 

It will be good to see Sibley start another game. I agree with keeping the team the same as far as possible as we are now actually playing like a team rather than a group of individuals. Bielik, Shinnie and Knight are looking like an excellent central midfield unit. 

On 30/12/2020 at 07:17, Sith Happens said:

The oldest club while called Sheffield FC is actually in Derbyshire. 

Is there some sort of gradient between Derbyshire and Sheffield, where you can be in both Derbyshire and Sheffield? This is an honest question as Sheffield FC is actually in Derbyshire, whilst Derbyshire Arrows (the basketball club) is in Sheffield? Which may also explain why another Derbyshire basketball team (Spartans) was made? 

Archived