v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Beetroot said:

Our record against sheff weds over the last 25 years is:

W19 D13 L4

No pressure Wayne but we almost never get beat by Sheff Weds. Lose today and I think you're gonna have to resign.

But what about the history before that! I remember seeing Sheffield Wednesday as a bogey team - and not if the nose-picking snack variety. We seemed to have a run of defeats against them, even when other results were going our way, especially in cup games, as I thought at the time.

Anyway, it's not as if players and fans are superstitious! Just because we always slump in the new year, and once lose to the Owls against the run of form, we've never had Rooney add manager.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

It's still written all over his coat.

Yes I know but it’s a bit more subtle than the shirt and most casual viewers will be more interested in watching him play than being interviewed. I for one, rarely watch post match managers interviews. 

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

Could this mean that no Radio Derby commentary today?

It could mean that or they may commentate from the Sky feed into the BBC studios. I can’t believe the don’t have banks of monitors with feeds coming in from all over the place but who knows ? ?‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes I know but it’s a bit more subtle than the shirt and most casual viewers will be more interested in watching him play than being interviewed. I for one, rarely watch post match managers interviews. 

Maybe, but I think we get as many closeups of him stood on the touchline as we did when he was playing!

15 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

It could mean that or they may commentate from the Sky feed into the BBC studios. I can’t believe the don’t have banks of monitors with feeds coming in from all over the place but who knows ? ?‍♂️

I did think that after ?

37 minutes ago, Coconut said:

That requires me giving money directly to Sky, which is about as likely as me giving money directly to Apple, or ordering a case of beer from Marstons.

It's more annoying having had the midweek fixture against Birmingham being declared a bank holiday fixture.

I use a MAG box in Spain,get everything that sky broadcasts for 25 euros a month,and also many of the football matches they dont cover

Taken from yesterday’s Sheffield Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri’s press conference slamming Pulis.

He didn't make me feel comfortable.

I made a decision to sack him because I feel that my people can do better.

We need to play attacking football. We need to play two strikers, not 5-4-1.

We changed the plan after (Pulis left); we played more attacking.

.............................scouting mission completed!?

3 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Play like we did against Birmingham and we'll have these!

Yes, Sheff Wed might have won their first game without Pulis... but 'Boro did have the better of the match and created a lot more chances. Did I see somewhere that Barry Bannan is suspended too? He's still a key player for them usually.

Apparently, the Hillsborough pitch is awful at the minute, so that could play some part (I'm expecting an aerial bombardment)... if that's the case the surface wouldn't suit a passing game, so either give it to Kaz to hold up or knock it past their (pretty slow) back three for Jozwiak and Sibbo to chase.

Same starting lineup as the last game.

COYR! ?

Bannan isn't suspended as the booking this week came after the 19 game cut-off point. 

There also seems to be some confusion as to whether it was his 4th or 5th booking anyway, according to Owls Talk.

Their best player by a mile.

39 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

There’s the answer then......fly to Spain ?

Sounds good to me

Iam sure that many people in England use these devices as a means to watch TV,I think that there are many satelite installers who know all about the MAG Box

40 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Taken from yesterday’s Sheffield Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri’s press conference slamming Pulis.

He didn't make me feel comfortable.

I made a decision to sack him because I feel that my people can do better.

We need to play attacking football. We need to play two strikers, not 5-4-1.

We changed the plan after (Pulis left); we played more attacking.

.............................scouting mission completed!?

So their owner hired Pulis to play attacking football?

Clever chap who has done his homework well.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

That requires me giving money directly to Sky, which is about as likely as me giving money directly to Apple, or ordering a case of beer from Marstons.

It's more annoying having had the midweek fixture against Birmingham being declared a bank holiday fixture.

What's wrong with Marston's?

Archived