v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

Our record against sheff weds over the last 25 years is:

W19 D13 L4

No pressure Wayne but we almost never get beat by Sheff Weds. Lose today and I think you're gonna have to resign.

You've said it now... I'm coming for you when the inevitable happens.

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, Simo said:

Is there some sort of gradient between Derbyshire and Sheffield, where you can be in both Derbyshire and Sheffield? This is an honest question as Sheffield FC is actually in Derbyshire, whilst Derbyshire Arrows (the basketball club) is in Sheffield? Which may also explain why another Derbyshire basketball team (Spartans) was made? 

I guess when they move they don't always change names like mk Don's did.

8 minutes ago, Simo said:

Is there some sort of gradient between Derbyshire and Sheffield, where you can be in both Derbyshire and Sheffield? This is an honest question as Sheffield FC is actually in Derbyshire, whilst Derbyshire Arrows (the basketball club) is in Sheffield? Which may also explain why another Derbyshire basketball team (Spartans) was made? 

A quick check of the source of all reliable information, Wikipedia, tells me the Sheffield FC spent most of their history in Sheffield - only moving to Dronfield in 2001. So simply a case of a suitable ground becoming available just across the border.

Coincidentally, the same source says that Derbyshire Arrows are also based in Dronfield.

Nothing more complicated than that it would seem.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

A quick check of the source of all reliable information, Wikipedia, tells me the Sheffield FC spent most of their history in Sheffield - only moving to Dronfield in 2001. So simply a case of a suitable ground becoming available just across the border.

Coincidentally, the same source says that Derbyshire Arrows are also based in Dronfield.

Nothing more complicated than that it would seem.

They can have Chesterfield. They're more Yorkshire than Derbyshire anyway.

On 30/12/2020 at 10:35, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

This game is in the bag. (With perforations). Let’s hope we don’t get any strains.

We’ve got the blend right at last - a couple more wins and we can leaf our relegation worries behind 

Play like we did against Birmingham and we'll have these!

Yes, Sheff Wed might have won their first game without Pulis... but 'Boro did have the better of the match and created a lot more chances. Did I see somewhere that Barry Bannan is suspended too? He's still a key player for them usually.

Apparently, the Hillsborough pitch is awful at the minute, so that could play some part (I'm expecting an aerial bombardment)... if that's the case the surface wouldn't suit a passing game, so either give it to Kaz to hold up or knock it past their (pretty slow) back three for Jozwiak and Sibbo to chase.

Same starting lineup as the last game.

COYR! ?

5 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Yes, Sky Sports Main Event I believe. 

We seem to be getting more than our fair share of main events - is this the Rooney effect? It means that 32red are getting good bang for their buck. 
Makes me wonder whether 32red have been asked to increase their support post takeover (eg sub Jones’ wages if we can get him) 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We seem to be getting more than our fair share of main events - is this the Rooney effect? It means that 32red are getting good bang for their buck. 
Makes me wonder whether 32red have been asked to increase their support post takeover (eg sub Jones’ wages if we can get him) 

I pondered a similar thing with my mate the other day. Sky refer to us as Wayne Rooney's Derby County which, like with Lampard's Derby County, raises our profile and most certainly that of the sponsors. Win win all round. 

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’m not sure. Surely the key thing for 32Red was for the wider public to see Rooney, a very high profile player, in a number 32 Shirt with 32Red plastered across the front.

Now he’s no longer playing, whilst we are still getting plenty of coverage, I don’t think it’s quite the same.

As for Jones, am I the only one not wetting myself at the thought of him joining?

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Another bloody bank holiday fixture not available to stream in the UK on RamsTV. So irritating, especially when you're not allowed to watch it in a pub or round someone's house with Sky!

NOW TV

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure. Surely the key thing for 32Red was for the wider public to see Rooney, a very high profile player, in a number 32 Shirt with 32Red plastered across the front.

Now he’s no longer playing, whilst we are still getting plenty of coverage, I don’t think it’s quite the same.

As for Jones, am I the only one not wetting myself at the thought of him joining?

It's still written all over his coat.

Archived