New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

All the gambling comments are nonsense in here. I whacked a fair chunk on Allardyce on Monday and his odds haven’t moved. 

That is because the market now has far money invested in it to support the bookmakers.

Their liabilities then become much less on certain individuals.

In the early days when market is first formed the bookies will panic/react quickly if any particular manager attracts a big bet that could leave them with liabilities way beyond what is in the market.

This market has now been open long enough and attracted enough money on many different choices that it will be win win now for all bookmakers as usual. They do not take chances.

1 minute ago, Premier ram said:

i am warming to the thought of Wayne getting the managers job , improvement in attacking , defending , desire and  movement off the ball , early days but i can see light at the end of the tunnel with Wayne and Mac

I can't see he's done much wrong tbh, our attacking intent is night & day from cocu's tenure, we just need a quality CF in Jan imo and I think we'll be fine.

I'd give him the job at least till the end of the season. If we get mid table or slightly higher he'd have done a remarkable job, given the fact the squad is far lesser quality than the one Lampard had.

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

I can't see he's done much wrong tbh, our attacking intent is night & day from cocu's tenure, we just need a quality CF in Jan imo and I think we'll be fine.

I'd give him the job at least till the end of the season. If we get mid table or slightly higher he'd have done a remarkable job, given the fact the squad is far lesser quality than the one Lampard had.

totally agree mate , but i would have a younger version of Curtis Davies on my list as well , shame we couldnt of got Rob Dickie when he was available

1 minute ago, Premier ram said:

totally agree mate , but i would have a younger version of Curtis Davies on my list as well , shame we couldnt of got Rob Dickie when he was available

Yeah I agree,, definitely need another CB too, forgot about Curtis last night. ?

9 hours ago, Premier ram said:

i am warming to the thought of Wayne getting the managers job , improvement in attacking , defending , desire and  movement off the ball , early days but i can see light at the end of the tunnel with Wayne and Mac

More progress than I expected. No rash claims from Wayne. Interviews have been good. 6 points from 4 games us survival points scoring. We need 4 points from every 3 games so we need a win from next two games. I would settle for 4 points from next two games

13 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Reports this Morning in the Derby Telegraph that the players are enjoying training again and are behind WR becoming the next Manager...sounds a good endorcement to me?

You’d like to think so, BUT, you never ever hear the opposite so it’s just lip-service. 

20 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Reports this Morning in the Derby Telegraph that the players are enjoying training again and are behind WR becoming the next Manager...sounds a good endorcement to me?

As soon as Wayne Rooney is confirmed I'm going to take 50 pound of my winnings and request odds for Wayne Rooney to be sacked by Mad Mell before next Christmas.

On 09/12/2020 at 14:07, Sparkle said:

7 more games and the bookies pay out on Rooney 

On 09/12/2020 at 16:55, roboto said:

Don't the games where he was "player"/"manager" count?

On 09/12/2020 at 18:15, Sparkle said:

The last three count but needs ten in total 

Rooney was classed as one of 4 interim managers prior to these 3 games. That means we could be just 5 games away from the bookies paying out on Rooney (Birmingham on the 29th).
The 7th game from now is Chorley in the cup on the 9th. I'll be very surprised if we get that far without announcing a permanent manager,

Archived