New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think bookies say if an interim has job for 10 matches, that's who they pay out on. I only mention this because expect to see Rooney odds narrow regardless of whether he'll get it full time, as he'll be the one they pay out on if still in charge in a few weeks

I don't necessarily think Rooney is long term solution but I do think he's doing ok. And I don't really want to disrupt team all over again now that they are playing a bit better.  

So I'm a bit conflicted about whether I want him or not right now

3 minutes ago, Gritty said:

We're not going up this season. Rooney is as good a bet as anyone - better if you consider how well he is viewed. We could have signed an experienced manager like Hughton or Pulis (and we still might). Much more exciting giving a young manager a chance - isn't that what we're encouraged to do with the players? ? #COYR

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

We're not going up this season. Rooney is as good a bet as anyone - better if you consider how well he is viewed. We could have signed an experienced manager like Hughton or Pulis (and we still might). Much more exciting giving a young manager a chance - isn't that what we're encouraged to do with the players? ? #COYR

Yes we encourage young players and Rooney is a young (interim) manager. We are however stuck in the championship relegation zone and generally unable to score goals.  

Just now, europia said:

Yes we encourage young players and Rooney is a young (interim) manager. We are however stuck in the championship relegation zone and generally unable to score goals.  

Not gonna change greatly until we can sign another striker. Best we don't concede.

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not gonna change greatly until we can sign another striker. Best we don't concede.

I think we could score more than we are doing with the current crop. 

We haven't really been a team reliant on one goalscorer for years. 

Waghorn, Lawrence even sibbo have all done better than we're seeing this season. 

So tactics for me can be tweaked. 

15 hours ago, Gritty said:

I think bookies say if an interim has job for 10 matches, that's who they pay out on. I only mention this because expect to see Rooney odds narrow regardless of whether he'll get it full time, as he'll be the one they pay out on if still in charge in a few weeks

I don't necessarily think Rooney is long term solution but I do think he's doing ok. And I don't really want to disrupt team all over again now that they are playing a bit better.  

I put a few bob on Rooney at 9/1

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

One step at a time...

With a win rate of 1 in his first 5 games if that carries on we will go down. How long do you wish to experiment for until its to late. Cut and dry of it is we need to start scoring goals. 

Also watching Southampton at the moment and if this is how the flock of german coaches play go and get that Ralphnick or whatever his name is as this Southampton team are really a good side and style of play good and closing down. 

Archived