New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, brady1993 said:

I'm not sure delaying bulleting him was the problem.... but not having a proper replacement 2 weeks after he left (3 weeks since his last game in charge) despite having an international break well is frankly poor.

You bullet a manager when you have a realistic replacement lined up ready to step in. But we seem to have just bulleted him and then scratched our arses wondering who we could get in next when we plummet down the table. Guess that's what Morris meant about the Derby way. 

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

All the talk about getting Rafa or Howe in is simply hysterical now...they wouldn't touch the train wreck that is our club with a barge pole. Any decent manager wouldn't want to come anywhere near us. 

I can't stress enough how delaying bulleting Cocu has had such a significant impact on our future, we've royally missed the boat in getting a new manager in when we had the chance.

We used to be the Championships version of Arsenal. Now, with Mel, we’re Newcastle.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What if no one from the pool of managers we want actually wants to come here?

Talks of Rafa or Big SAM are quite embarrassing when you actually realise the dire position we are actually on.

In normal circumstances John Terry would jump at the chance to manage a club the size of Derby for his first job, Frank did it, but John Terry doesn’t want the gig, why?

Are we sticking with Rooney out of necessity.

Had we sacked Cocu sooner, or hired a replacement sooner I think the situation was more than recoverable and the job would have appealed, but the fact we have arsed about for weeks over a take over and we have lost valuable points against more than winnable opposition we as a club must look a right basket case...I’m sorry to say, but People at the club have royally cocked this up.

Completely agree. We should have cleared house and appointed Cook straight away. Each game that passes now is another nail in the coffin.

36 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

All the talk about getting Rafa or Howe in is simply hysterical now...they wouldn't touch the train wreck that is our club with a barge pole. Any decent manager wouldn't want to come anywhere near us. 

I can't stress enough how delaying bulleting Cocu has had such a significant impact on our future, we've royally missed the boat in getting a new manager in when we had the chance.

And the fact we’ve now had 3 games since which lets face it..... have wasted more time.

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

And the fact we’ve now had 3 games since which lets face it..... have wasted more time.

It just means when you sit down as a prospective manager and do the sums on us staying up, giving you the size of the challenge, it looks too high risk. As a consequence you end up with only managers who’s stock is low. 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Don’t think you could bring cook in over Rooney , he would have to go 

Exactly this...we are in a proper mess to be honest....I don't know about anyone else but i agree with @Mafiabob this whole situation is really getting me down...football does affect your life afterall ....

Mel has made things worse by bringing Mac back for me , if he was back to manage then fair enough ( not my choice though ) he is a coach sat in the stands and going into the dressing room ??

I thought Rooney looked lost today in the technical area and said nothing as far as i could make out, but the real reason I am so down is.....this mess has been compounded by our Mel by bringing Mac back into an alien role whilst we carry on with 4 wannabe managers that have now had a chat and decided Rooney will be the voice!!? if that fails will it be Rosenior next / or Given ? or maybe back to Mac ? someone who's been sacked twice ...I mean ...please tell me all of this is a bad dream ffs....

Now if we do appoint a Paul Cook type manager what about Rooney ? does he stay ? does he play ? what about Mac does he still go in the dressing room ? I mean for pity's sake this is an embarrasing mess and instead of getting better is actually getting worse!!

will the new owners clear the decks and bring in there own manager and his own coaches  ?or will they need to assess things first taking yet more time and you can bet it will mean the window will have shut or be close to shutting so guess what ? we missed any targets our magnificent scouting team led by Macs son had drawn up...you can just hear the excuses being readied now... and is Mac the man to help them ? or Mel ? Its a complete and utter joke and mis management at its best....the red dogs down the road must be wetting themselves with laughter......

I think the single most worrying thing is this....who trusts the current people at the club like Mel or Mac to make the correct decisions for the good of Derby County Football Club......not themselves but the club....this whole mess is self generated and big bold decisions need to be made and I don't think thats going to happen!! 

from a totally disillusioned unhappy fan who has supported this club through thick and thin for years and will continue to do so albeit with a heavy heart....sad times indeed

To me, a good and fair time to have made the call on Cocu was after Huddersfield away.

Imagine if a new manager had had Barnsley, QPR and Wycombe at home to have a go at picking things up.

The fact that we gave Cocu five more games in charge, including two of those pivotal home games, may be looked upon as the difference between staying up and going down when May comes around.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

To me, a good and fair time to have made the call on Cocu was after Huddersfield away.

Imagine if a new manager had had Barnsley, QPR and Wycombe at home to have a go at picking things up.

The fact that we gave Cocu five more games in charge, including two of those pivotal home games, may be looked upon as the difference between staying up and going down when May comes around.

because its got so much better since hasn't it ?

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Jourdan please stop blaming Cocu ...he was not given a striker or two and he's gone now its in the past....things are no better and the only time I'll say it was the right decision is when i see improvement and i havent 

Just now, S8TY said:

Of course, it hasn’t.

But what have we really changed?

There’s nothing fresh or invigorating about Rooney, Rosenior and the current set up.

We have meandered along for the last 5-6 weeks when what we really needed was swift, decisive action.

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Jourdan please stop blaming Cocu ...he was not given a striker or two and he's gone now its in the past....things are no better and the only time I'll say it was the right decision is when i see improvement and i havent 

Things are no better because we have placed responsibility in the hands of the wrong people.

I am not just blaming Cocu. Damage was done under Cocu, but poor decision making from Mel in recent weeks has only further weakened our position.

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

You expect it to improve when we continually make decisions that are heavily weighted towards confusion and further struggle?  

How many clubs have you seen take a relegation battle on by employing a management committee comprising of rookies, whilst conducting a transition of ownership? It’s a complete mess.  

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The thing is I think you can make the argument that we looked like performances were picking up and had a decent amount of players returning to the squad. You saw that further with the Forest game that followed (which is still the best we've played this season) and part me does wonder if things would have been different had Jozwiak's goal not been wrongfully disallowed.

I get your point from a fixtures point of view but I think there was plenty of indication that things might turn. To be honest were I think we faltered was by reintroducing Rooney and inadequately identify how we moved forwards leading to the atrocious game against QPR. Which is the game where I think we should have acted.

Archived