New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So better to just take a panic buy of a manager?

There's time to see what Rooney (and Mac) are made of. If we bring in another 'Pearson' we're royally screwed!

If we didn't have time to give Cocu 5 more games 3 games ago we don't have time for this either 

1 hour ago, matty1986 said:
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

From the outside looking in, the players seem to have had their heads scrambled by too many mixed messages from an unnecessarily complicated coaching set up.

I keep saying it, but there’s still a lot of blame being laid at Cocu’s door and I’m hearing snippets from Rosenior and Rooney.

As soon as those two arrived it was pretty clear they’d want to be noticed as coaches which undermined Cocu completely.

Neither will convince me that Cocu and his team were worse than what we have in charge now.

1 minute ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

I keep saying it, but there’s still a lot of blame being laid at Cocu’s door and I’m hearing snippets from Rosenior and Rooney.

As soon as those two arrived it was pretty clear they’d want to be noticed as coaches which undermined Cocu completely.

Neither will convince me that Cocu and his team were worse than what we have in charge now.

Have to agree, and who gave the green light for this mob to come in. 

Yes ...MM. 

It just amazes me we haven't immediately gone after Paul Cook quite honestly. A proven commodity at this level and at league 1 if the worst should happen as that's something we now need to be planning for quite honestly. He's built teams that get results, worked with some the players that are here and has managed in extremely tense and difficult situations. 

The only reason people aren't raving about him and why we're not waving a contract in his face is because he's Paul Cook... He's worked at Chesterfield, Wigan etc. He's not a former England international who hasn't finished his B Licence let alone his A licence and been part of an absolutely disastrous set up that has left us rooted to the foot of the table. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It just amazes me we haven't immediately gone after Paul Cook quite honestly. A proven commodity at this level and at league 1 if the worst should happen as that's something we now need to be planning for quite honestly. He's built teams that get results, worked with some the players that are here and has managed in extremely tense and difficult situations. 

The only reason people aren't raving about him and why we're not waving a contract in his face is because he's Paul Cook... He's worked at Chesterfield, Wigan etc. He's not a former England international who hasn't finished his B Licence let alone his A licence and been part of an absolutely disastrous set up that has left us rooted to the foot of the table. 

Cook was my first choice...he will be snapped up soon....

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We should have won today. A mistake cost us the points.

I agree we had three good chances to win the game - as I've said elsewhere I was encouraged by the first half both in terms of selection and performance. Re the manager question and Allardyce I don't think it's so much an issue of contacts but more an organisation of our existing personnel to stop us losing games and this is where experience will tell. I think the first half today showed glimpses of that in that we had a recognised CF starting at last and played to that strength

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bit obvious but they (whoever) has to have time to get over the crap Cocu left behind football-wise!

But how do you know that crap wasn’t created by Rooney and Rosenior?

We have to start afresh now. It can’t be Rooney. It just can’t. It would be a risk if we were mid table.

What if no one from the pool of managers we want actually wants to come here?

Talks of Rafa or Big SAM are quite embarrassing when you actually realise the dire position we are actually on.

In normal circumstances John Terry would jump at the chance to manage a club the size of Derby for his first job, Frank did it, but John Terry doesn’t want the gig, why?

Are we sticking with Rooney out of necessity.

Had we sacked Cocu sooner, or hired a replacement sooner I think the situation was more than recoverable and the job would have appealed, but the fact we have arsed about for weeks over a take over and we have lost valuable points against more than winnable opposition we as a club must look a right basket case...I’m sorry to say, but People at the club have royally cocked this up.

2 hours ago, wollatonram said:

that is crazy talk. Our squad is awful, we deserve to be where we are and we have no player that will get into a top 6 side

Your joking right?

Name one team in this league that would turn down Kamil Jozwiak? Poland international, Southampton wanted to sign him, so did Galatasaray. Did you see his goal against Holland?

David Marshall - Arguably best goalkeeper in the league, who wouldn't want him?

Krystian Bielik - £8-10 million signing. Another Poland international. Has huge ability. what team wouldn't want him?

Matt Clarke - On his day probably best CB in this league. Our current player of the season. Would get in any of the top 6 sides. 

Tom Lawrence - I know he's not been great so far this season, but this is a player who was destroying teams for us under Lampard. On his day is Premier League quality. You don't just become a bad player overnight. 

Martyn Waghorn - Another player that looked so good under Lampard. What team in this division wouldn't want the Lampard Martyn Waghorn?

All our players have looked better under previous managers, you don't just suddenly become awful players. Every successful club needs a manager/head coach who can get the best out of the players. I mean just look at Leeds united for example. 2-3 years ago you would look at their current squad and think nothing more than average championship players, now look at them!

Anyway, rant over?

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Your joking right?

Name one team in this league that would turn down Kamil Jozwiak? Poland international, Southampton wanted to sign him, so did Galatasaray. Did you see his goal against Holland?

Krystian Bielik - £8-10 million signing. Another Poland international. Has huge ability. what team wouldn't want him?

Matt Clarke - On his day probably best CB in this league. Our current player of the season. Would get in any of the top 6 sides. 

Tom Lawrence - I know he's not been great so far this season, but this is a player who was destroying teams for us under Lampard. On his day is Premier League quality. You don't just become a bad player overnight. 

Martyn Waghorn - Another player that looked so good under Lampard. What team in this division wouldn't want the Lampard Martyn Waghorn?

All our players have looked better under previous managers, you don't just suddenly become awful players. Every successful club needs a manager/head coach who can get the best out of the players. I mean just look at Leeds united for example. 2-3 years ago you would look at their current squad and think nothing more than average championship players, now look at them!

Anyway, rant over?

No offence mate but you massively overrate our players. Nobody in our squad is anywhere close to being best in the league even on their day

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Your joking right?

Anyway, rant over?

Maybe a bit over the top with Clarke/Lawrence, but this team is easily top 10 quality.

Waghorn - most of his career at this level and never come close to a 20 goal season

Lawrence - sorry but he is awful, slows every attack down and just shoots when he sees the goal . MASSIVELY overrated and other teams don’t see him as a threat

Clarke - he is okay but that’s it. We have never looked solid since he has come in and our set piece record at both ends speak for itself. not close to being best in the division.

Beliek - his price tag speaks for itself, massively overpaid for him and he’s never fit so it’s almost irrelevant.

Marshall - are you joking? The guy has been bang average since he arrived, look at the goal today. He has a good rep but that’s it, and that goes for the entire squad - too many players living off former glories, young and old.

Joz - goal against Holland? Oh great, how many goals or assists has he got for us? And you are talking about any top 6 team taking him? It is madness 

like I say, OVERRATED. The squad is the problem not the managers

Archived