New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We are a fairly ordinary squad - to get better out of them straight away would tax even Mac. 

I would say that we actually have a very good squad, probably top 6 even. Just need a manager who can get them to play to somewhere near what their capable of.  

25 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If McClaren is going to keep going in the changing room at half time then give him the job. He is much better than the 4ful in charge currently and will for sure pull us away from relegation.

What today showed me is that CKR is more than capable of playing the target man in a McClaren 433

This. 

He has proven me wrong in the game today. 

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

I would say that we actually have a very good squad, probably top 6 even. Just need a manager who can get them to play to somewhere near what their capable of.  

that is crazy talk. Our squad is awful, we deserve to be where we are and we have no player that will get into a top 6 side

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Some want Allardyce to do this, but the players can't so what good would it do?!

That’s the worry... any new boss possibly won’t make a blind bit of difference. MM should swallow his pride and ask Pearson back. (Yes I know nil chance) stranger things happen. 

But as has been said ALLARDYCE would be perfect. But again it’s unlikely he’d come with brolly merchant lurking. 

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Some want Allardyce to do this, but the players can't so what good would it do?!

From the outside looking in, the players seem to have had their heads scrambled by too many mixed messages from an unnecessarily complicated coaching set up.

And we now have a situation where a two time former manager and ex England boss is sat it the stands, overseeing a rookie manager with no discernable job qualifications and a first team coach, with actual qualifications and managerial aspirations watching on from behind him. I'm can't see that being a healthy predicament for anybody.

I'm not advocating Allardyce, but we are certainly in no position to become precious over the style of football needed to keep us in this division. Pretty passes or direct and physical, I couldn't care less if it means that we win enough football matches to turn this sinking ship around. 

The players need clear direction and strong leadership from a manager who can take ownership of the situation, not a mish-mash of different voices veering from one direction to another.

Can’t say I’m devastated that we won’t be having Terry as our next manager. It is worrying that he wouldn’t want the job mind, given it would be his first chance as a number 1. We’re in such a terrible position now that many managers would see us as too much of a gamble - they don’t want to risk getting a relegation on their managerial record. And I don’t blame them for it. The longer we wait, the worse this gets. We need to stop messing around.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We’re in such a terrible position now that many managers would see us as too much of a gamble - they don’t want to risk getting a relegation on their managerial record. And I don’t blame them for it. The longer we wait, the worse this gets. We need to stop messing around.

So better to just take a panic buy of a manager?

There's time to see what Rooney (and Mac) are made of. If we bring in another 'Pearson' we're royally screwed!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

So better to just take a panic buy of a manager?

There's time to see what Rooney (and Mac) are made of. If we bring in another 'Pearson' we're royally screwed!

It’s been 2 weeks since we sacked Cocu, and it was in the pipeline much longer than that. We’ve had plenty of time to appoint someone who isn’t panic appointment. We’re waiting for the takeover, which is a very dangerous game to play.

Rooney shouldn’t be managing this team even in a temporary capacity. He’s a player who’s not yet qualified to coach. McClaren is a technical director so should be nowhere near the dressing room.

If anyone hasn’t realised yet we are in deep deep trouble. I agrees with Ed Dawes RD this is not a time for vanity projects. The longer we spend ****ing about on Rooney’s managerial career and not focusing on the survival of our great club we WILL be relegated. 
Can we please employ ANY manager with previous championship survival experience to get us out of this or we are gone.

Hanging on to a 1-1 draw against Wycombe Wanderers ...... 

Archived