New Manager

dantheram

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What if no one from the pool of managers we want actually wants to come here?

Talks of Rafa or Big SAM are quite embarrassing when you actually realise the dire position we are actually on.

In normal circumstances John Terry would jump at the chance to manage a club the size of Derby for his first job, Frank did it, but John Terry doesn’t want the gig, why?

Are we sticking with Rooney out of necessity.

Had we sacked Cocu sooner, or hired a replacement sooner I think the situation was more than recoverable and the job would have appealed, but the fact we have arsed about for weeks over a take over and we have lost valuable points against more than winnable opposition we as a club must look a right basket case...I’m sorry to say, but People at the club have royally cocked this up.

It’s precisely this, the moment we looked in trouble we should’ve started the process. Cocu’s rot had took hold last season and he had far too long this year and that leaves us in a dire position.  

It’s not even something that hindsight is needed for, it was obvious early October we needed to move fast for an experienced manager. The only aspect that needed some consideration was Rooney. Obviously here on some awful contract which states he plays and when he doesn’t he’s actively after the manager job - for me, I’d have took it on the chin and paid him off. 

if I were coming here, in a fire fighter role, I’d want Mac out the way (a terrible decision to employ him, unless Rooney was the plan all along). If going down the DoF route, at least make sure it’s not someone who gives an air of incestuous decision making. 

Ultimately, it’s a complete mess and no one is leading off the field due to this farce of a takeover.   

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dantheram said:

Cocu’s rot had took hold last season and he had far too long this year and that leaves us in a dire position.  

definitely agree with this

10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Where has this talk of John Terry not wanting the job come from?

@Millenniumram @MackworthRamIsGod

Ryan Conway has said that Terry doesn’t want the gig and we don’t want him.

which is pretty funny to be fair, can you imagine John Terry ringing Mel and saying “Hi Melvyn, Johnathon Terry here, hows the wife? Anyway, thought I’d randomly ring to let you know I’m not interested in the Derby job”

i think it probably went more like “Hi Jonathon, Melvyn here, Derby consultant, just wondering if you fancied taking us to the Premier League?....Jonathon?....John?...It’s a bad line mate I can’t hear you...I think he hung up”

and now we are running with the line “we don’t want him anyway”

41 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Your joking right?

Name one team in this league that would turn down Kamil Jozwiak? Poland international, Southampton wanted to sign him, so did Galatasaray. Did you see his goal against Holland?

David Marshall - Arguably best goalkeeper in the league, who wouldn't want him?

Krystian Bielik - £8-10 million signing. Another Poland international. Has huge ability. what team wouldn't want him?

Matt Clarke - On his day probably best CB in this league. Our current player of the season. Would get in any of the top 6 sides. 

Tom Lawrence - I know he's not been great so far this season, but this is a player who was destroying teams for us under Lampard. On his day is Premier League quality. You don't just become a bad player overnight. 

Martyn Waghorn - Another player that looked so good under Lampard. What team in this division wouldn't want the Lampard Martyn Waghorn?

All our players have looked better under previous managers, you don't just suddenly become awful players. Every successful club needs a manager/head coach who can get the best out of the players. I mean just look at Leeds united for example. 2-3 years ago you would look at their current squad and think nothing more than average championship players, now look at them!

Anyway, rant over?

The sum of the parts do not make up the whole 

48 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Your joking right?

Name one team in this league that would turn down Kamil Jozwiak? Poland international, Southampton wanted to sign him, so did Galatasaray. Did you see his goal against Holland?

David Marshall - Arguably best goalkeeper in the league, who wouldn't want him?

Krystian Bielik - £8-10 million signing. Another Poland international. Has huge ability. what team wouldn't want him?

Matt Clarke - On his day probably best CB in this league. Our current player of the season. Would get in any of the top 6 sides. 

Tom Lawrence - I know he's not been great so far this season, but this is a player who was destroying teams for us under Lampard. On his day is Premier League quality. You don't just become a bad player overnight. 

Martyn Waghorn - Another player that looked so good under Lampard. What team in this division wouldn't want the Lampard Martyn Waghorn?

All our players have looked better under previous managers, you don't just suddenly become awful players. Every successful club needs a manager/head coach who can get the best out of the players. I mean just look at Leeds united for example. 2-3 years ago you would look at their current squad and think nothing more than average championship players, now look at them!

Anyway, rant over?

A good squad would have goal scorers, a leader, fitness, consistency and be able to adapt to change.

We do not have any of those things. Therefore we have a poor squad.

There isn’t a manager out there that will make an immediate difference. All they could do is limp through to January and hope we have more than 50p to spend.

If that turns out to be Rooney he will be a Roy Keane type desperately trying to get anyone he can from Man Utd.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Funny you include Johnson, not that I disagree, far from it, but the fact he still destroyed us with 2 goals, typical.

Thing is, Johnson was probably a £2m championship player at best. It's just that we managed to haggle and get him for £6m ......

All the talk about getting Rafa or Howe in is simply hysterical now...they wouldn't touch the train wreck that is our club with a barge pole. Any decent manager wouldn't want to come anywhere near us. 

I can't stress enough how delaying bulleting Cocu has had such a significant impact on our future, we've royally missed the boat in getting a new manager in when we had the chance.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

All the talk about getting Rafa or Howe in is simply hysterical now...they wouldn't touch the train wreck that is our club with a barge pole. Any decent manager wouldn't want to come anywhere near us. 

I can't stress enough how delaying bulleting Cocu has had such a significant impact on our future, we've royally missed the boat in getting a new manager in when we had the chance.

I'm not sure delaying bulleting him was the problem.... but not having a proper replacement 2 weeks after he left (3 weeks since his last game in charge) despite having an international break well is frankly poor.

Archived