v Stoke City (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yeah, he should be running round like a headless chicken and showing pashun that's the right way to play. 

Headless chicken ? Not sure where you are coming from for that. He was one paced, maybe that's the way he is, maybe he was like a rabbit caught in the headlights but he got plenty of the ball and did nothing. He didn't run behind the defender which is where we got most of our success from, his crossing ? when he got the ball in acres of space he didn't do anything.

Once he came in we were on the back foot until the time he went off, had he stayed on there was a distinct possibility we would have lost that game.

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

maybe. but how long can we afford to wait?

Bringing him into the squad too quickly could be detrimental to his development.  He will need to feel confident of his returning skills before he's thrown into the deep end.

Just now, Andicis said:

Pretty sure it's still going to knock his confidence even if Rooney talks to him. What player of ours did offer attacking threat? Maybe if some of the players around him got into more space it'd actually aid attacking play and link up? 

I’ve no doubt he’ll be hurting - a subbed sub is always hard to take but it’s now about how the coaches and manager deal with it day to day. In the heat of the game you’ve got to make tough calls. 

FWIW I thought Kamil offered a good threat and burnt his full back a few times first half - we just stopped using him  - and he faded in the second half.

33 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Perhaps the message is that if you aren’t playing well enough we take you off no matter who you are or how old you are. 

Sympathy for Whittaker but if he’s going to be good enough he has to play well enough. He didn’t. 

Its just a really bad message to send to a squad with fragile confidence And using an academy player to make that example with is atrocious management.

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

A point is always welcome but it's deffo 3 dropped. 

Started off too negatively in midfield, didn't need Bird in there with Beilik against a team that were always going to sit back and defend. Should play the 4-3-3 in games like today where we need extra bodies breaking through the lines. 

Some decent build up play but no real threat/cutting edge as usual due to insisting on playing two deep lying midfielders when we don't really need them.

So an o.k result and performance but could have been more!

3 dropped ? ?have they taken a point off us as well ?

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Its just a really bad message to send to a squad with fragile confidence And using an academy player to make that example with is atrocious management.

they shouldnt be involved anyway, half the academy players are not good enough for championship football. 

21 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

bar the Richards goal line clearance we never looked like scoring.

Errrrm ... and Lawrence’s shot tipped over the bar by full stretch goalie  ? And the reaction save from Clarke’s header ? 

3 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Headless chicken ? Not sure where you are coming from for that. He was one paced, maybe that's the way he is, maybe he was like a rabbit caught in the headlights but he got plenty of the ball and did nothing. He didn't run behind the defender which is where we got most of our success from, his crossing ? when he got the ball in acres of space he didn't do anything.

Once he came in we were on the back foot until the time he went off, had he stayed on there was a distinct possibility we would have lost that game.

So like all of the rest of our attackers he did nothing. You think one of our players coming up changes the entire game? ??

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't think we were poor. Good in places, average a lot of the time and didn't create enough in the final third. But no poor IMO.

Each to their own. Created virtually nothing in the final third. We tippy tappy around the outside of the box far too much for my liking only to put a cross into an empty box. Anyone can be defensively solid when you play so many defensive players. So poor attacking once again.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Apart from that penalty/Buchanan sending off farce I don't remember them doing too much wrong. I think the ref realised he'd made a mistake as soon as he blew the whistle. Apart from making the error in the first place perhaps we should give him some credit for admitting his mistake.

Sorry..I haven't seen the incident...What was his mistake and how exactly did he admit it?

Archived