Best Quotes

sage

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take your life in your own hands and a terrible thing happens : no one to blame .. Erica Jong

I also like the one along the lines of  us being safe because rough men are standing ready in the night to do violence in our name . Attributed to Orwell but I don’t think it was him. 

I spent a fortune on women, booze and fast cars, the rest.....  I squandered .. George Best 

All my favourite quotes are in the inlay to Generation Terrorists by Manic Street Preachers.

"There is eloquence in screaming."

"Progress is a comfortable disease."

"I talk to god but the sky is empty."

"Regard all art critics as useless and dangerous."

"Elvis was a hero to most, but he never meant poo to me...most of my heroes ain't appeared on no stamp."

Experience is not what you know, it's what you do with what you know

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room

The boxer who wins the fight is not the one with the biggest punch but the one that gets up the most times

Quotes are only worth reading if they are in italics - Me, just now

20 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

All my favourite quotes are in the inlay to Generation Terrorists by Manic Street Preachers.

"There is eloquence in screaming."

"Progress is a comfortable disease."

"I talk to god but the sky is empty."

"Regard all art critics as useless and dangerous."

"Elvis was a hero to most, but he never meant poo to me...most of my heroes ain't appeared on no stamp."

There are some magical lyrics over the years of rock, roll and folk 

I love Joni Mitchell’s in both sides now ... “leave em laughing when you go” 

Bonny Tyler “living in a powder keg and giving off sparks” 

Then There is that 1920’s prayer / poem Desiderata .. “Avoid loud and aggressive persons they are vexations to the spirit” 

Language is the most wonderful tool .. it saddens me and impoverishes us when rigid forms of speech and terminology are forced on us. Street patois and jargon that exclude the majority to the benefit only of those who are in the know, the  hip cool or the self appointed “important” ones.  

Archived