Best Quotes

sage

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life is like a path of driven snow, be careful how you tread as every mark will show - written in my book when leaving school by a young lady called Sharon, over 30 years ago and still remember that one.

My Hovercraft is full of eels.

12 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

The Bible has the best quotes such as “Moab is my washpot”. My favourite is 

“...and falling headlong, he burst asunder in his midst and all his bowels gushed out”   Acts1:18

Been on the Guinness no doubt.

Live and let live 

my Dad on his deathbed in hospital when someone was complaining about a disruptive alchy in a nearby bed.

it just proved what a great person he was. 

18 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

When I give food to the poor they call me a Saint.

When I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist.

Archbishop Helder Camara.

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day teach a man how to fish you feed a man for a lifetime, depressingly identity politics gets in the way of teaching people how to fish.

Cstand 2008

5 hours ago, cstand said:

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day teach a man how to fish you feed a man for a lifetime, depressingly identity politics gets in the way of teaching people how to fish.

Cstand 2008

No, sorry, I don't understand.

Probably because I'm being a bit thick?

My quote was a famous quote from a Brazilian Archbishop who campaigned for the poor in his country. I found it interesting how his ideals were demonised because he fought for the worst off in his society.

What is this identity politics stuff?

14 hours ago, cstand said:

Cstand 2008

The world and it's dog know how to fish. Its the negotiating of fishing quotas that the starving man has no control over.  

Archived