Best Quotes

sage

6 hours ago, 1of4 said:

The world and it's dog know how to fish. Its the negotiating of fishing quotas that the starving man has no control over.  

I learned conservatism through my grandfather; I didn't know that was the name. I didn't know these were conservative principles. Starting his life on a sharecropping farm. Working tremendously hard. Five years old, picking cotton and laying tobacco out to dry on a farm, and today he now owns that farm.

Candace Owens

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/12/2020 at 09:48, Turk Thrust said:

The Bible has the best quotes such as “Moab is my washpot”. My favourite is 

“...and falling headlong, he burst asunder in his midst and all his bowels gushed out”   Acts1:18

"But Heber's wife Jael grabbed a tent peg in one hand and a hammer in the other, crept up to him quietly, and drove the tent peg right through his temple into the ground below after he had fallen sound asleep from exhaustion. That's how he died." Judges 4:21

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

"But Heber's wife Jael grabbed a tent peg in one hand and a hammer in the other, crept up to him quietly, and drove the tent peg right through his temple into the ground below after he had fallen sound asleep from exhaustion. That's how he died." Judges 4:21

Yes you can’t beat the Bible. It has quotes on everything - sex, adultery (But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.) sodomy, murder, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, (.You shall not permit a sorceress to live.)  enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, masturbation (If a man has an emission of semen, he shall bathe his whole body in water and be unclean until the evening. And every garment and every skin on which the semen comes shall be washed with water and be unclean until the evening.)

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Yes you can’t beat the Bible. It has quotes on everything - sex, adultery (But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.) sodomy, murder, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, (.You shall not permit a sorceress to live.)  enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, masturbation (If a man has an emission of semen, he shall bathe his whole body in water and be unclean until the evening. And every garment and every skin on which the semen comes shall be washed with water and be unclean until the evening.)

I hope it was a night match at Hillsborough for @DarkFruitsRam7

14 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I've been on that camping holiday

22 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

'I do like Sainsburys ... they keep the scum out of Waitrose'

- Stephen Fry

One for @Albert - 

'If I had to capture hell, I would use Australians to take it, and New Zealanders to hold it.'

- Erwin Rommel

They could use that one as his epitaph. I’m sure my avatar would approve, too!

3 hours ago, TimRam said:

Can we have everything louder than everything else?

Ian Gillan (Deep Purple) on stage comment.

I think it was from their 'Made in Japan' live album. It was also the title of a Motorhead live album - we went to see them on tour with Saxon and one guy we were chatting to had the tee shirt. I wanted to mug him for it.

Archived