Mac had no input...

RoyMac5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I agree technical directors never usually get involved in on field matches or coaching etc, but why was he taking notes all game? and went in the changing room at half time? then 2nd half he was down with the bench? 

Well he traditionally watches the team initially from up high in the stands to get an overview and I'd imagine that this was his first chance to observe how the team has been set up tactically and operationally for a match.

Hopefully he will now have a basis to work his magic on the training ground if his remit permits (which it bloody should do now) and we can start seeing him altogether more involved.

Personally I think he should take over now in entirety and get the coaches working under him to his instructions as it's never going to work the other way around,it's ridiculous.

36 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I agree technical directors never usually get involved in on field matches or coaching etc, but why was he taking notes all game? and went in the changing room at half time? then 2nd half he was down with the bench? 

(New)Board to Mac: "Tell us where we are going wrong and what sort of manager/players/coaches/playing style we need"

Mac: "Ok, I'll watch the games, make some notes and see how the current coaches are dealing with the situation. I'll let you know if Rooney/Rosenior will be good enough"

Of course he didn’t have any input, he isn’t on the coaching staff! He’s a technical director, I don’t know what some fans find so hard to understand about “advisor the board”. Frankly I’d be concerned if he was having any input on tactics etc, that would be more unnecessary interference for me, and would just serve to make the committee mess even bigger.

If you want McClaren involved in the coaching side of things, make him caretaker manager, and for Gods sake give him full control! If I was Mel, McClaren would be in charge on Saturday.

Ryan Conway on his last Derby after match live stream said that 32Red has categorically denied that there is any sort of contractual requirement for Rooney to play every game so we can put that to bed.

He's being picked because he's the player with the most quality, but that depends if he puts the effort in. 

McClaren is here as Technical Director. He will not be the coach. He knows the club, what we’re trying to do with the academy and therefore in that regard he’s a good appointment.

Unfortunately there is panic among the fans because based on last night we think that “the committee” will not win a single point for us while they are in charge, and if we don’t pick up some points in the next 2 games we will be relegated - you can say 31 games left until blue in the face but we could be 9 or 12 points adrift of safety - there is absolutely no way we will come back from that.

Its therefore vital we appoint the new manager now, preferably someone who is experienced and will work with McClaren. However until that point we need Mac to take charge of the situation because the committee are not ready and can’t cut it as last night proved.

12 hours ago, Indy said:

He was scribbling enough notes in the first half to fill that notebook! I hope this quote is just laying the ground for him to take over as interim without being associated with last night’s debacle. 

or maybe he has a book deal with Mills & Boon 

20 hours ago, DC-1975 said:

Are you saying we lost last night due to substitutions? 

Sibley(substitute)missed a very good chance to make it 1-1, Holmes and Kazim-Richards(substitutes)2mins later it's 2-0, Sherlock Holmes would use this fact to secure a conviction.

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Jesus Christ no , ive seen some names for the role but bloody hell dont dare mention him

I've long been of the opiinion that any pies that don't sell are simply re-heated for the next home game (and the one after that, etc, etc) - with Steve Evans at the club, I'd never have to worry about that again.....

Archived