Mac had no input...

RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Surely we’re not pinning everything on Rosenior here?

Surely Rooney, Given and t’other one as the committee must shoulder the blame for this debacle as well?

He's out on the pitch - Rosenior sends him little notes!

The only way to see who wants what team/playing style is to pick ONE of them, not a committee.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Why Roy do you think he would have input in training, team selection or tactical substitutions?  HE HAS BEEN EMPLOYED AS AN ADVISOR TO THE BOARD AND A TECHNICAL DIRECTOR.

Here is a start point for you to learn about the kind of qualifications he now has and therefore further insight into the role has been appointed to.

https://www.thefa.com/bootroom/learning/qualifications/fa-level-5-for-technical-directors

I'm sure @Owen87ITK said last night that McClaren had been on the training field? I might have misheard that, but I'm positive he said that he'd had gone into the dressing room at half time. 

1 hour ago, Shang said:

This is a great article explaining what Technical Directors do. They're basically the same job as Director of Football and Sporting Director but different names.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/dan-ashworth-how-the-technical-director-guards-a-clubs-philosophy

The thing is, it seems like the job description can be completely different from club to club  (as it says in the article). 

I was pleased that we'd appointed a technical director (regardless of the fact it was Mac), as I've advocated a DoF-style model for a little while. But then @i-Ram reminded me that we had a technical director in Chris Evans not long ago, which changed my view, as I seem to remember him basically just being in charge of recruitment (i.e. not being anything like a director of football). But now you see McClaren making notes in the stands and apparently going into the dressing room, which makes it seem like he's Member No. 4-and-a-half of the management team. 

Maybe there's a grand plan behind this, but the current running of the club makes me highly doubt it.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's out on the pitch - Rosenior sends him little notes!

The only way to see who wants what team/playing style is to pick ONE of them, not a committee.

That’s not a scenario I’m prepared to entertain!

Neither of them gets to go any further with this and we get a proper manager in, whether that manager is Mac or some one else I don’t know.

We will also have to free that manager from the requirements of having to play Rooney no matter the cost. He should only appear on merit. We cannot tie the hands of any manager trying to get us out of this situation!

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm sure @Owen87ITK said last night that McClaren had been on the training field? I might have misheard that, but I'm positive he said that he'd had gone into the dressing room at half time. 

The thing is, it seems like the job description can be completely different from club to club  (as it says in the article). 

I was pleased that we'd appointed a technical director (regardless of the fact it was Mac), as I've advocated a DoF-style model for a little while. But then @i-Ram reminded me that we had a technical director in Steve Evans not long ago, which changed my view, as I seem to remember him basically just being in charge of recruitment (i.e. not being anything like a director of football). But now you see McClaren making notes in the stands and apparently going into the dressing room, which makes it seem like he's Member No. 4-and-a-half of the management team. 

Maybe there's a grand plan behind this, but the current running of the club makes me highly doubt it.

It was Chris Evans not Steve Evans. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

BBC: from Rosenior interview.

"He had no input with the tactics or team selection, but I'm delighted he's here because he's someone who has been there and done it," said Rosenior.

OMG. So all the changing about, starting differently to the BC game, including not being able to see when we actually looked dangerous at the start of the 2nd half was down to Rosenior?

So will we see Mac involved at pitch level? I see nothing but disaster if there isn't an interim manager put in charge immediately. Mac3 please, now.

Very fact he's answering these questions and having to state this shows how much of a farce this club is.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I was pleased that we'd appointed a technical director (regardless of the fact it was Mac), as I've advocated a DoF-style model for a little while. But then @i-Ram reminded me that we had a technical director in Steve Evans not long ago, which changed my view, as I seem to remember him basically just being in charge of recruitment (i.e. not being anything like a director of football). But now you see McClaren making notes in the stands and apparently going into the dressing room, which makes it seem like he's Member No. 4-and-a-half of the management team. 

It's his job to observe. On the training ground, in the ground and in the changing room. I don't see any issue with this whatsoever. But personally I'd go from this to him being the man doing the talking asap. 

Liam Rosenior Isn't up to it. His second interview was another bad one. First game went off on the officials. Now he's going off on the media. ?‍♀️

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

You can prove this can you, rather than make a wild assumption?

I think it's nonsense but this is why Rooney cannot be manager. He picks himself every game and doesn't take himself off. We need Steve Mac to take over immediately.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think it's nonsense but this is why Rooney cannot be manager. He picks himself every game and doesn't take himself off. We need Steve Mac to take over immediately.

I think he's not ready, but who can say with who does what atm with management by committee. That really is a farce.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

You can prove this can you, rather than make a wild assumption?

Who plays pretty much every minute no matter how poor his performance under Cocu and at present?

He’s certainly not being picked on his performances!

A new manager will need to be free to pick the team he needs to, that could well mean dropping Rooney to get the blend right. Do we honestly think they’d be able to do that given what we’ve seen?

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Why Roy do you think he would have input in training, team selection or tactical substitutions?  HE HAS BEEN EMPLOYED AS AN ADVISOR TO THE BOARD AND A TECHNICAL DIRECTOR.

Here is a start point for you to learn about the kind of qualifications he now has and therefore further insight into the role has been appointed to.

https://www.thefa.com/bootroom/learning/qualifications/fa-level-5-for-technical-directors

I agree technical directors never usually get involved in on field matches or coaching etc, but why was he taking notes all game? and went in the changing room at half time? then 2nd half he was down with the bench? 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd imagine that Mel will be reexamining the term advisor this morning and changing it to acting manager in light of last night's shambles by the assistant coaches.

(Even if it's not publicly announced as such)

Can he not just 'advise' the whole management team to let him run things now?

Archived