v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

19 minutes ago, S8TY said:

How can anyone say we were good today? The line up was aimed at physicality and we tried to match them in that department? Surely today was the day to let the kids play around them and play football with Kazim up top who was great today.But instead we went for experience and strength.

I do get making the back line stronger by bringing in Fozzy for the unlucky Buchanan and Wisdom for Byrne and Davies back i get that against players like Akinfenwa but Knight should have played centrally and although Holmes scored I don't think he deserved to start today nor did Evans.

some may see a draw as a start and end the rot slightly but second half we were backs to the wall mainly and was crying out for change to make Wycombe worry about us as it seemed they were in the ascendency.

This may sound harsh but I just don't see Rooney being the answer as a manager, he just seemed to stand watching and I'm not that sure he's tactically aware enough, but we have another coach in Rosenior who can advise or another coach in Mac who can advise or another coach in Given who can advise or another coach in Walker who can advise or another coach in Given who can advise!!!!! its a frigging shambles!!! Mel please get this club taken over asap and clear the decks for a manager to take it forward....please!

You know it’s bad when we actually agree with each other.

?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Debatable whether we made 7 defensive changes due to playing Wycombe vs being on a poor run of results.

Still, today should have been a good opportunity to instill confidence in the players by fielding an attacking team.

But we haven't been letting loads of goals in until we played Boro , the problem was not scoring enough for me, i saw today as a chance to go more attacking but do get making the back 4 more robust for this type of game , but leaving Knight out then playing him on the right ?? I would've gone Beilik and Shinnie with Knight in central attacking with CKR and two wingers,Joz and Lawrence or Whittaker in a 433 just my opinion of course

I just didn't like the line up to be honest

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don’t care if it was Rooney or Mac running the show today,it was a better performance for the most part and we saw far fewer individual mistakes being made,more confidence and several players looking better than previously,ckr being the standout obviously.

we should have won today and we’re extremely unlucky not to have scored a hatful.

im far more hopeful than I was that we can get something out of this season.

Jeez kash , I’m stunned ,,, that was head tennis , hoof it rowettball as you used to call it but without the style , first half we managed to match them physically and that about it , second half we were gash, 

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Good point. Just looks at Leeds who have been poor defensively (when actually defending) under Bielsa. If you press early enough an win in back quickly, what does it matter how good the defender are at defending?

Today was a good opportunity to play fantastic football against one of the worst footballing sides this division has ever seen. Instead, we looked rather average overall.

Let's get the footballing footballers out there!? 

The only sure way to not concede is to keep the ball and if you lose it win it back quickly high up the pitch. 

I just find it galling that we have arguably one of the most talented sets of academy players coming through we've ever seen and we are currently squandering behind players who are putting in somewhere between bad and mediocre performances. Knight and Buchanan are two of few highlights this season and yet today they get binned to the bench. Honestly if I was either I'd have one eye on the door at this point if this is what the deal is going to be. 

Or we could look at that we have a current first team Polish international just sat on the bench, arguably 2 if you include it. 

I'm just sick of watching some of the more senior pros in the squad consistently getting things wrong like keeping the ball under close control, move into space or find someone with a pass. And I'm even sicker that we keep rewarding them for it whilst punishing the academy lads for the mistakes of their seniors.

Awful second half after bright moments of play in the first half.

Still the line up was bad - and the fact it failed to deliver a win demonstrates failure.

How a guy who scored against Italy by running half the length of the pitch isn’t deemed good enough to play against Wycombe is beyond me.

The sooner we get to 4-3-3 the better.

The sooner Mac takes over, Rooney just becomes a player (sub), the better.

13 minutes ago, S8TY said:

But we haven't been letting loads of goals in until we played Boro , the problem was not scoring enough for me, i saw today as a chance to go more attacking but do get making the back 4 more robust for this type of game , but leaving Knight out then playing him on the right ?? I would've gone Beilik and Shinnie with Knight in central attacking with CKR and two wingers,Joz and Lawrence or Whittaker in a 433 just my opinion of course

I just didn't like the line up to be honest

And left out Sibley? 

5 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

The only sure way to not concede is to keep the ball and if you lose it win it back quickly high up the pitch. 

I just find it galling that we have arguably one of the most talented sets of academy players coming through we've ever seen and we are currently squandering behind players who are putting in somewhere between bad and mediocre performances. Knight and Buchanan are two of few highlights this season and yet today they get binned to the bench. Honestly if I was either I'd have one eye on the door at this point if this is what the deal is going to be. 

Or we could look at that we have a current first team Polish international just sat on the bench, arguably 2 if you include it. 

I'm just sick of watching some of the more senior pros in the squad consistently getting things wrong like keeping the ball under close control, move into space or find someone with a pass. And I'm even sicker that we keep rewarding them for it whilst punishing the academy lads for the mistakes of their seniors.

I agree. We should eb building a squad around Buchanan, Bielik, Bird, Knight  Sibley, Jozwiak and Whittaker (I'm tempted to include Lawrence, despite his faults, as well)

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

And left out Sibley? 

for me today yes....i thought he looked bright off of the bench but today gave the ball away and made some wrong decisions in the final third.....but he would've come on and given him at least 25-30 mins as I like Knights engine and centrally he drives forward and still covers holes in midfield and is less effective on the right... just my opinion 

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

If we play 4-3-3 we can utilise the youngsters in a much more positive way. If we can keep a stable defence, let’s say:

Marshall

Byrne.   Wisdom.  Clarke. Buchanan 

Then we have two options for CDM’s:

Beilik or Shinnie

Then CM options:

Knight, Sibley, Bird, Holmes 

Wingers two of:

Lawrence, Ibe (if ever fit), Joz and Waghorn 

Strikers:

CKR, JHI and Rooney (if we end this managerial farce)

Its not that bad and suits us much better than whatever the hell formation we played today.

My preference for Cov

Marshall

Shinnie (if Beilik not fit)

Knight.    Sibley

Joz.                              Lawrence 

CKR (rotate with JHI when CKR tires)

58 minutes ago, S8TY said:

How can anyone say we were good today? The line up was aimed at physicality and we tried to match them in that department? Surely today was the day to let the kids play around them and play football with Kazim up top who was great today.But instead we went for experience and strength.

I do get making the back line stronger by bringing in Fozzy for the unlucky Buchanan and Wisdom for Byrne and Davies back i get that against players like Akinfenwa but Knight should have played centrally and although Holmes scored I don't think he deserved to start today nor did Evans.

some may see a draw as a start and end the rot slightly but second half we were backs to the wall mainly and was crying out for change to make Wycombe worry about us as it seemed they were in the ascendency.

This may sound harsh but I just don't see Rooney being the answer as a manager, he just seemed to stand watching and I'm not that sure he's tactically aware enough, but we have another coach in Rosenior who can advise or another coach in Mac who can advise or another coach in Given who can advise or another coach in Walker who can advise or another coach in Given who can advise!!!!! its a frigging shambles!!! Mel please get this club taken over asap and clear the decks for a manager to take it forward....please!

S8 do you not stop and wonder whether you do know more about football than Rooney, really?  I don't know you and you may be a football genius who has missed out but common sense tells me that Rooney may know a bit more.  Sorry comes over as picking on you I just think he deserves a bit of time to see what he can do.  We gave Cocu forever to prove he wasn't up to it surely Wayne gets more than a couple of games?

15 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

If we play 4-3-3 we can utilise the youngsters in a much more positive way. If we can keep a stable defence, let’s say:

Marshall

Thought Clarke looked more confident with Fozzy at fullback.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

S8 do you not stop and wonder whether you do know more about football than Rooney, really?  I don't know you and you may be a football genius who has missed out but common sense tells me that Rooney may know a bit more.  Sorry comes over as picking on you I just think he deserves a bit of time to see what he can do.  We gave Cocu forever to prove he wasn't up to it surely Wayne gets more than a couple of games?

So are you saying we as fans should not comment because Rooney or Cocu knows better? What is the point of a forum then??When you sit in a pub before or after the game opinions flow because we love the game and that will never stop it is normal, I do have coaching badges so more qualified than Rooney I suppose but he probably knows much more than me...but that doesn't mean as a supporter or fan my opinion is any less than yours or some 80 year old armchair fan who's never kicked a ball....we are fans and we talk about the game, the line up, the tactics, the misses, the goals ,the cold weather, the price of a meat pie at the ground..... its called being a fan

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fozzy had a better game than Buchanan would have.

Byrne probably was the choice but we went for physicality I reckon.

How do you know how Buchanan would have played......bizarre comment Roy Mac. Are you feeling ok? No blows on the head or anything ?

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

So are you saying we as fans should not comment because Rooney or Cocu knows better? What is the point of a forum then??When you sit in a pub before or after the game opinions flow because we love the game and that will never stop it is normal, I do have coaching badges so more qualified than Rooney I suppose but he probably knows much more than me...but that doesn't mean as a supporter or fan my opinion is any less than yours or some 80 year old armchair fan who's never kicked a ball....we are fans and we talk about the game, the line up, the tactics, the misses, the goals ,the cold weather, the price of a meat pie at the ground..... its called being a fan

cool your jets, all I'm saying is it is too early to call, we are in a hole lets stop digging

2 hours ago, Jayram said:

Coulda, shoulda, woulda doesn't win you games or keep you from being relegated. We have just scraped a draw at home to absolutely the worst team I've ever seen in the Championship, and yet they bossed us in the second half and were the width of a crossbar away from beating us. I wouldn't object to a point against Coventry either because quite honestly I think they are going to murder us the way we are playing. 

Nothing will change in January if Rooney and the current coaching staff are still in charge. We are crying out for an experienced manager to stop the rot - nothing else will do.

I find it unforgivable that Rooney/McClaren elected to leave Knight on the bench. This was a must game and to leave out your most industrious player beggars belief. He is the most fouled player for a reason but these two clowns opted for a Wimbledon approach and sacrificed our creative youngsters. Worryingly all seems quiet on the new owners front so may have to suffer an extended period with these fools at the helm.

Mel Mel what have you done!

Archived