v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fozzy had a better game than Buchanan would have.

Byrne probably was the choice but we went for physicality I reckon.

That's pure speculation. Fozzy played well but it's the first time in about 6 months and he faded badly second half. 

I also think Buchanan would have more readily exploited the space in front of him today.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spanish said:

cool your jets, all I'm saying is it is too early to call, we are in a hole lets stop digging

haha ....its not about how long Rooney has had ...name one team where the coaching staff left behind was succesful ?

Not very often I would say, I also don't think Rooney should hang up his boots..( more controversy no doubt ) Rooney should name himself as a sub every game and only come on if he thinks its necessary as he's still a good player but not twice a week and not for 90 mins....I want this club to have a total reset and clear the decks for a decent manager to come in...If Rooney gets the job permanently I would like him to also clear the coaches out and bring in different ideas and yes you're right he hasn't had long but I want a manager to hit the ground running and I do not think that Rooney is the man....just my opinion 

The context to this result and performance is key I think, we're playing a team who last season got promoted through the league 1 playoffs and are 22nd in the division. We're playing them at home so theoretically this should be about as easy as it gets for a game at this level. We still could not win and the second half sounded pretty poor all around after a promising first 45. If anyone thinks Rooney is the saviour to get us out of this mess they're welcome to that opinion and they can watch the ensuing collapse of our club into the third tier. 

Personally, I think we're pretty much down unless we can convince someone with big experience in this division to come in, bring in their own staff and turn this sinking ship around and fast. 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

How can anyone say we were good today? The line up was aimed at physicality and we tried to match them in that department? Surely today was the day to let the kids play around them and play football with Kazim up top who was great today.But instead we went for experience and strength.

I do get making the back line stronger by bringing in Fozzy for the unlucky Buchanan and Wisdom for Byrne and Davies back i get that against players like Akinfenwa but Knight should have played centrally and although Holmes scored I don't think he deserved to start today nor did Evans.

some may see a draw as a start and end the rot slightly but second half we were backs to the wall mainly and was crying out for change to make Wycombe worry about us as it seemed they were in the ascendency.

This may sound harsh but I just don't see Rooney being the answer as a manager, he just seemed to stand watching and I'm not that sure he's tactically aware enough, but we have another coach in Rosenior who can advise or another coach in Mac who can advise or another coach in Given who can advise or another coach in Walker who can advise or another coach in Given who can advise!!!!! its a frigging shambles!!! Mel please get this club taken over asap and clear the decks for a manager to take it forward....please!

Our lineup was spot on, we needed bigger players to combat their crossing and long balls. And maybe Holmes has been playing poorly and didn’t deserve to score but he did so the selection was justified! We needed to change things and Forsyth, and Kazim Richards looked very good. 
We had chances to score and until we can be clinical we won’t be getting anywhere. 

50 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I agree. We should eb building a squad around Buchanan, Bielik, Bird, Knight  Sibley, Jozwiak and Whittaker (I'm tempted to include Lawrence, despite his faults, as well)

Completely agree. Not 100% Whittaker is ready to start but should be on the bench and id also include Ibe if we can get him going.

11 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That's pure speculation. Fozzy played well but it's the first time in about 6 months and he faded badly second half. 

I also think Buchanan would have more readily exploited the space in front of him today.

Well as you know opinions are like *********, everyone has one.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well obviously. I suppose you want to suggest what you think is paramount?

I'm sorry if it came across as being an attack. 

I was just trying to acknowledge what you had said despite disagreeing with it but not having much further to add. Perhaps shouldn't have responded at all but oh well.

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

The time to start worrying is when DCFC changes 7 players to try and match Wycombe Wanderers, no disrespect intended to a great little team with a very good hard working manager in Ainsworth but they will struggle to stay up......

As we will

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

If we play 4-3-3 we can utilise the youngsters in a much more positive way. If we can keep a stable defence, let’s say:

Marshall

Byrne.   Wisdom.  Clarke. Buchanan 

Then we have two options for CDM’s:

Beilik or Shinnie

Then CM options:

Knight, Sibley, Bird, Holmes 

Wingers two of:

Lawrence, Ibe (if ever fit), Joz and Waghorn 

Strikers:

CKR, JHI and Rooney (if we end this managerial farce)

Its not that bad and suits us much better than whatever the hell formation we played today.

My preference for Cov

Marshall

Byrne.   Wisdom.  Clarke. Buchanan

Shinnie (if Beilik not fit)

Knight.    Sibley

Joz.                              Lawrence 

CKR (rotate with JHI when CKR tires)

I actually don't think you can play Shinnie I think he's not comfortable getting the ball in those deep positions and I'm actually not super convinced by his positioning. For me it's Bird and Bielik competing for that position. 

If Shinnie plays I think he has to play a bit further forward where he can freely charge around midfield but shouldn't be first choice even in those games.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I actually don't think you can play Shinnie I think he's not comfortable getting the ball in those deep positions and I'm actually not super convinced by his positioning. For me it's Bird and Bielik competing for that position. 

If Shinnie plays I think he has to play a bit further forward where he can freely charge around midfield but shouldn't be first choice even in those games.

Disagree Bird hasn’t got the physical presence or mobility to play that role on his own!

Archived