v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People seem to be missing the point and pinning the deterioration on our subs, the subs didn’t help but this is not the case!

What changed the game was their manager, who changed their style, tactics and personnel at HT.

Wycombe were starting to control the game BEFORE our subs. Ainsworth out thought our management team and they had no answer, the poor subs just compounded matters.

Fair play to Ainsworth he salvaged a valuable point for his team with good management it may not have been pretty but Wycombe fans won’t care if it keeps them up!

The change in tactics obviously helped them. I can’t help thinking it should have helped us if we were a fitter team. There was so much space to counter attack but we couldn’t get up the pitch at speed. We looked knackered after 65 mins. Couldn’t control the ball or get off passes. I think that gave Wycombe a lot more confidence. They just seemed hungry to equalise. It had the feeling of inevitability about it

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I'm always a bit nervous with Clough quotes, and photos, because I'm never quite sure whether I'm quoting him from his time as Forest manager. There are some on here who have photos of him as Forest manager on their profile pic, which is something to consider when you take a moment. As it's Brian I guess he's worthy of remembrance for all that he said, and even forgiven for where he was when he said it, but it does cause me some degree of internal conflict.

There, that's that off my chest....

Never be nervous of anything the great man said ! He transcended the divide !

I don’t think the subs did owt wrong.

knight won the corner from which Clarke and Forsyth nearly scored. 
For their goal we were sitting very deep and then just switched off. 

What was telling yesterday was that they realised their game wasn't working, changed it at half time and we didn't react to what they had changed.

Forsyth had the whole left flank to himself first half, so they put McCleary out right, which stopped Fozzy getting forward, they put Akinfenwa on to stand on Davies and Clarke. Our reaction to that? Drop 10 yards deeper and invited them on. Our management got schooled 2nd half yesterday. 

There were positives, CKR had a very good first half, Holmes had his best game this year, Fozzy had his best game for 6/7 months, we looked threatening from corners for the first time in 8 years. 

17 hours ago, europia said:

Well yes. Having resorted to hoofball, we might as well bring in a manager who is good at that type of thing. Someone who can quickly bang that simple philosophy into the (clueless but expensively assembled squad of) players heads. 

Don't agree with the hoofball comment. IMO we're a side lacking confidence so it makes sense to not overplay it at the back. There were lots of good moves, including Kazim's disallowed goal and Holme's goal.

8 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Don't agree with the hoofball comment. IMO we're a side lacking confidence so it makes sense to not overplay it at the back. There were lots of good moves, including Kazim's disallowed goal and Holme's goal.

Disagree on the confidence, more about lack of desire.

36 minutes ago, rynny said:

What was telling yesterday was that they realised their game wasn't working, changed it at half time and we didn't react to what they had changed.

Forsyth had the whole left flank to himself first half, so they put McCleary out right, which stopped Fozzy getting forward, they put Akinfenwa on to stand on Davies and Clarke. Our reaction to that? Drop 10 yards deeper and invited them on. Our management got schooled 2nd half yesterday. 

There were positives, CKR had a very good first half, Holmes had his best game this year, Fozzy had his best game for 6/7 months, we looked threatening from corners for the first time in 8 years. 

I think that's a bit inevitable with that back 4 as it lacks pace, especially at centre half. The natural inclination is going to drop deep. It doesn't help as well if you struggle to keep the ball for any length of time.

38 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think that's a bit inevitable with that back 4 as it lacks pace, especially at centre half. The natural inclination is going to drop deep. It doesn't help as well if you struggle to keep the ball for any length of time.

It wasn't as if Akinfenwa was going to out pace them though. 

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Seems to be quite a few people wound up by Holmes goal celebration yesterday.

Have I missed something- not really down with the kids being an old fart now.

Not 100% sure, but Holmes is media savvy and has a presence, there's been (negative) talk online about his use of games consoles, to do with that I think?

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Might have already have been mentioned .

Seems to be quite a few people wound up by Holmes goal celebration yesterday.

Have I missed something- not really down with the kids being an old fart now.

Just asked my lad, apparently someone tweeted that if he stopped playing Warzone and concentrated on his football he’d be a better player.

Whatever that means??

Archived