Marshall

Byrne    Wisdom. Clarke. Buchanan

Sibley.     Bielik.    Knight

Whittaker.  Hector-Ingram. Jozwiak

COYR ?

"Up the table we must go...."

I’ll go with that ?

9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Just get at least one of Hector-Ingram, Stretton or even Duncan on the pitch. An actual striker. We are beyond the point of it having any chance of it being worse, than what we’ve seen so far.

How could it be worse...Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah.........

Same as before what I posted for the Boro game with Davies in for Wisdom as he would be our vocal leader. Maybe Wittaker for Waghorn .But with Rooney in charge can only see a car crash performance.

Posted Sunday at 14:03

The way to get out of this mess is to change system to a 4-4-2. Presently we are getting crosses in but no one there to finish.

I think it is time to try someone different and get two up top, it is worth a go, can't be any worse than it is now.

So my team for Wednesday would be.

Marshall

Byrne        Davies        Clarke       Buchanan

Waghorn      Knight       Shinnie      Jozwiak 

Kazim-Richards     Hector-Ingram

Subs:- Roos, Wisdom, Te Wierik, Stretton, Bielik, Lawrence, Bird, Whittaker, Sibley

19 minutes ago, cj9a408 said:

If Lawrence starts again I'm off 

Who else do we have as an alternative? He is better than anyone else we can currently play on the left hand side so we are stuck with him for now. 

The root cause of our poor form extends beyond Tom Lawrence, or in fact any individual in my opinion. It's a collective failure from the very top of the club through to the players.

The young lads get a pass because they are in a high pressure situation and are at the very start of their careers, but everyone else needs to be looking at themselves long and hard.

25 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Who else do we have as an alternative? He is better than anyone else we can currently play on the left hand side so we are stuck with him for now. 

The root cause of our poor form extends beyond Tom Lawrence, or in fact any individual in my opinion. It's a collective failure from the very top of the club through to the players.

The young lads get a pass because they are in a high pressure situation and are at the very start of their careers, but everyone else needs to be looking at themselves long and hard.

As of right now our options on the wings are: Lawrence, Jozwiak, Waghorn, Whittaker, Knight and Holmes.

Knight must start CM, Holmes needs to ease himself in to form at CM, and Waghorn is realistically our only CF. In my opinion it's between Whittaker and Lawrence to start.

My 2 pennies worth.

Marshall 

Byrne    Wisdom.     Clarke.     Buchanan 

Bielik

Knight.        Bird

Jozwiak.               Lawrence

Waghorn/CKR

Got to to try and get some form of control in the middle of pitch, where we seem to get counter attacker through with ease, I’m hoping this midfield 3 can do that, also reminds me of Thorne, Bryson and Hendrick to a certain extent.

Lawrence and Jozwiak are currently the best we have for the wide spots. CF may as well be picked from a hat but these are the 2 most likely. If waghorn plays he needs to be told stay within the width of the box, stop wandering off onto the wings oh and don’t run in front of the keeper when somebody is having a shot.

This team wins 2-1

I feel there will only be one change, Rooney out for Sibley. I would also bring in Whittaker and Hector-Ingram for Lawrence and Waghorn. Maybe take Byrne out as well, but struggling as to who for, might be a good game for Davies against Akinfenwa, but his passing would put us under more pressure, maybe Te Wierik at RB and leave Wisdom and Clarke to carry on building their partnership.

5 at the back for me, we have looked far more solid and dangerous with this formation. 3 CB's, 2 forward thinking full backs, 2 in the middle and interchangable front 3 or 2 wingers and false nine type.

Derby looked a different beast playing this against Forest. Only problem to me is getting Louie in that formation somehow. 

We are too vulnerable with a back 4 and as previously mentioned, Wycombe are likely to resort to long balls bypassing the midfield.

I would also consider giving Clarkey a rest too. 

3-4-3 for me .  I think we need Davis in for his leadership but I think we need 3 at the back if we play him.  Shinnie back in midfield as I think he’s been unlucky to have been dropped and, again, provides some leadership on the pitch.  I’d play it a bit different to how we’ve used the system this season though and have 2 up front, one being CKR for his presence.  So something like...

Marshall

Wisdom  Davis  Clarke

Byrne  Knight  Shinnie  Buchanan

Waghorn Jozwiak  CKR

Jozwiak behind Waghorn & CKR in the No 10 role.  Bielik on the bench and perhaps bring him on for the last 20mins or so.

I’d be playing Davies and making him captain. Only real leader at the club of any sort.

This is really make or break tomorrow. I hope we play well and get a result, this is the one game where nearly every team would be saying it’s our “banker”

Fail in this one and I can’t comprehend the reaction. Majority of the reaction so far in the last 10 days has been critical (acknowledge a minority has got personal and abusive) - but I do fear it will get real ugly and quick if we lose/draw.

A lot on the line for the future of this club, let’s hope the players know that. 

Get a win

Archived