Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You do not get it do you. 

I think we did. You disagree.

You seem unable to comprehend that essential fact. The rest is you being extreme, again.

But it’s the inconsistency that’s the problem. I would have no problem you disagreeing with me on today’s performance, so long as you’d praised similar performances under Cocu previously. But you didn’t. That’s not me being extreme, that’s your baffling inconsistency.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

so long as you’d praised similar performances under Cocu previously.

I did.

I said a few times last season I wasn't sure whether I was pro or anti Cocu. There were matches we played well and then Cocu tinkered, for what reason often. Too much inconsistency, every time it started to look better. You chose not to remember those things I said.

No inconsistency at all. You're baffled by the fact I was unsure about Cocu until probably post lockdown games when we blew a good chance to get into the Top 6. 

I am not passing judgement on the management team except to say we played better than we have done and I thought we looked a different team, except for the obvious limitations up front. But still we had chances and they had one more shot on target.

You're obsessed with being anti-Rooney the very thing you accuse me of with Cocu. ?

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I’ve got a grip, thank you very much. I am just frustrated at the way this club is headed.

I agree with you that Cocu had to go and I was glad to see him go. But I don’t think Rooney or Rosenior are the answer either. Personally I would have let Wassall take charge. I said so days ago.

4-6 points from the next two and I’ll quote you with a profuse apology about Rooney and Rosenior, but I doubt I’ll need to.

bundle of fun as ever lol

Waghorn and Martin played at CF for an almost identical number of minutes last season. Points gained when playing CF in a game:

Waghorn = 37

Martin = 45

Not a great deal of difference between the two to be honest. Martin was also brought on late in a few games when we already had a point or three in the bank.

So that was 3 penalty shouts. The one on Hector-Ingram (he put himself into a position to be knocked down, but the defender did simply barge into him), the one on Matt Clarke where he was obstructed and swept to the floor between two defenders - a better shout than the first, and then the one on Holmes, who had had his shirt pulled probably half a dozen times. I said earlier that it was Keith Stroud, so even if a Bristol player had hacked one of our player's legs off with a chain saw, he wouldn't award a penalty. Thankfully there was enough action in our area for him to give one against us.

Me reckons we are due a penalty or two, which would make a change from only scoring from free-kicks!

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I did.

I said a few times last season I wasn't sure whether I was pro or anti Cocu. There were matches we played well and then Cocu tinkered, for what reason often. Too much inconsistency, every time it started to look better. You chose not to remember those things I said.

No inconsistency at all. You're baffled by the fact I was unsure about Cocu until probably post lockdown games when we blew a good chance to get into the Top 6. 

I am not passing judgement on the management team except to say we played better than we have done and I thought we looked a different team, except for the obvious limitations up front. But still we had chances and they had one more shot on target.

You're obsessed with being anti-Rooney the very thing you accuse me of with Cocu. ?

Incredible ? You’ve missed the point again ?

The point is you’re not judging performances this season on an equal footing. By your own admission, you made your mind up on Cocu toward the end of last season. Fair enough, but it’s not fair to negatively judge future performances just because you want the manager gone. But that’s exactly what you seem to have done, because all of a sudden, after a change of manager, you suddenly are seeing similar performances in a totally different light. How you can’t see that is unbelievable?

And I’m not obsessed with being anti-Rooney. He was our best player today. I don’t want him here, certainly not as manager, but I’ll judge him fairly. He was much better today than the rest of this season.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

But that’s exactly what you seem to have done, because all of a sudden, after a change of manager, you suddenly are seeing similar performances in a totally different light. How you can’t see that is unbelievable?

Again, just for you, they are not similar performances. The way we played today was easily identifiable as non-Cocu. YOU may not agree, but that is a different point. 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

And I’m not obsessed with being anti-Rooney. He was our best player today. I don’t want him here, certainly not as manager, but I’ll judge him fairly. He was much better today than the rest of this season.

Lol! But that wasn't down to a change in manager was it? ?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Again, just for you, they are not similar performances. The way we played today was easily identifiable as non-Cocu. YOU may not agree, but that is a different point. 

It really wasn’t though. This is the whole point ? You wouldn’t think it was any different if there hadn’t been a change in manager. It’s blinkered, simple as. Going round in circles so it’s pointless, but it’s genuinely hilarious ?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Waghorn and Martin played at CF for an almost identical number of minutes last season. Points gained when playing CF in a game:

Waghorn = 37

Martin = 45

Not a great deal of difference between the two to be honest. Martin was also brought on late in a few games when we already had a point or three in the bank.

assists?  Do you take account of what you see/saw when they played?

Derby county is like being in an abusive relationship, they treat you awfully, deep down you know it would be best to leave but you just can’t. We all know we will be back to be disappointed next game because we can’t live without this club... even though living with this club is miserable at the minute. Football should be a distraction from how miserable the world is at the minute with COVID but the footballs miserable too. From someone working on the front line against COVID please bring some joy back Derby! Same again Wednesday boys and girls ?

Listening back to BBC Derby. Eric Steele saying that if we keep playing like that we will beat a team by three or four goals. Same old same old for me. What use is it saying we are gonna beat a team eventually when the team are incapable of clinical football. Feel like we will be saying that “a big win is coming” the whole season without actually registering one. Embarrassing. 

6 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Are we meant to be enjoying being bottom of the league?

Great work by your two favourites, Cocu and Rooney, I have to say.

you just moan full stop mate and Cocu brought a lot of young players through so yes it was good work.....the man was a gent and he's gone now so get off of his back mr perfect and Rooney is still a good player..... 

What i find incredible is this....The amount of criticism aimed at Wayne Rooney is beyond belief, there is no way he is a poor player and yesterday we did not lose because of him it is because we have no cutting edge up front.I love Waggies endeavour and work rate but he really is not a centre forward imo and we lack strikers.

Rooney still shows great touches and vision, do we really expect him to be marauding about the pitch at 35 ?

He doesn't always play well and certainly hasn't this season but lets give him some respect eh as he seems to have become a scapegoat.

I'm not saying he should play every minute of every game either but watching him yesterday you can't deny his ability, if that was say Barry Bannan or Lee Tomlin would be slagging him so much ?

No doubt i will get pelters for my comments here but i think we need to be realistic about him at 35 and judge him purely on his performances not just because his name is Wayne Rooney.

I still think most teams in this division would like a conductor like Rooney in there side dropping deep picking up the ball and rarely giving it away.....but a lot seem hell bent on finding fault when he is still a good player

For the record i don't want him as manager but I'd still have him as a player , just feels like he's become the scapegoat for every loss when there are plenty of others who don't contribute enough especially in the final third

Archived