Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Bielik's been rusty today but he's showing a lot of quality despite it. 

We have a really good core of players; that's what's really frustrating. 

Completely agree - you just know if we get the next managerial appointment right, this team will fly up the table.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Bielik's been rusty today but he's showing a lot of quality despite it. 

We have a really good core of players; that's what's really frustrating. 

Yep and I know a lot of people like the 3-4-3, but it just results in our plan being give it to one of the wingbacks and let them try and create a bit of space on their own to put in a cross. I'm hoping by the end of the international break we've got a new manager in and we're setting up in something like a 4-3-3. It suits a lot of our players and there's multiple good options for each position apart from probably the striker spot.

Marshall

Byrne/Wisdom  -  Bielik/Davies  -  Clarke/Te Wierik  -  Buchanan/Forsyth

Knight/Shinnie  -  Bird/Evans  -  Sibley/Rooney

Jozwiak/Holmes  -  Waghorn/CKR  -  Lawrence/Ibe

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Must be mentally crushing to know you're worse than a team who started off 6 points adrift of you at the bottom of the table. 

By the way if you're pinning your hopes on a player who has hardly kicked a ball for the past season then we've got mucho grando problems.

Trust me I am not but a lot of fans are or have been. I was skeptical of the Ibe signing from the start. Ibe is very unlikely to be our saviour. 

32 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes but having 3 international players in your squad does tend to have a tad of difference. 

I know it's irrelevant but you're wrong. Only Wilson was an international out of the three. Clarke is as international as Tomori was. Jozwiak has as much international as Wilson. Knight is currently more experienced internationally than Mount was!

Quality is what you should've focused on, not the wrong information about international experience lol

As a side note, does anyone know the lowest point record for the Championship?

Archived