Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He might be as he's played more advanced for us recently, but I don't see any sense in Rooney being there. He's not a huge threat from outside of the box in open play - he never actually seems to want to shoot. He will have more space deeper and won't be so vulnerable if he's got Shinnie with him. Knight's energy allows us to transition into different shapes better as he has the fitness to get up and down the pitch depending on instructions. Having him deeper at the expense of Rooney would slow down how we go from defence to attack much more.

Rooney has only played well for us in a deeper role. Personally, like you've suggested, I think the way to get the best out of is have him deeper where he can pick out passes.

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Can't stand Sky Sports with their agendas. Pished me off within a minute with selective editing of games and interviews. 

Radio Derby just as bad. All Chris Coles is talking about is whether Cocu's job is on the line. Steele keeps trying to talk about the football, but Coles keeps bringing it right back. 

27 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

4 at the back then. Is Buchanon injured?

25 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Rooney No 10 Role

24 minutes ago, rammieib said:

5 attackers. Go on Cocu! 

We will win tonight now.

Pity it’s not Buchanan but still strong.

eh? what? Have i missed summat......i can't see the team announcement anywhere. What's going on? Who's playing anyway?

Nurse!!

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Rooney has only played well for us in a deeper role. Personally, like you've suggested, I think the way to get the best out of is have him deeper where he can pick out passes.

Agree he has played some decent stuff from deep but I’m afraid he is prone to giving it away in very dangerous positions when played there and his lack of legs ties us formation wise when he’s played deep as he needs a workhorse covering him

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

Agree he has played some decent stuff from deep but I’m afraid he is prone to giving it away in very dangerous positions when played there and his lack of legs ties us formation wise when he’s played deep as he needs a workhorse covering him

No matter where you play you are going to have to account for his lack of legs, with Shinnie and Knight you'd hope it's enough. 

The times he's been guilty of gifting possession has been when he's looked knackered, hopefully won't be the case.

Archived