On 02/11/2020 at 17:33, rammieib said:

What I'd like to see:

Marshall

Byrne   Te Wierik    Clarke    Buchanan

Shinnie

Knight                    Sibley

Jozwiak                                        Lawrence

Waghorn

This is what am ambitious manager would do, but we have Cocu and there are too many forward players on the pitch there!

like that but not sure about Te Wierik

Shame Buchanan is out but we’ve reverting to a back 4 which is interesting. Thought we were getting to grips with the wing back system well, just the finishing let us down.

Not sure if it’s going to be a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, would probably prefer the former as it’ll leave more space for Lawrence & Joz to drift inside, and Knight’s got the legs to cover the middle and the space behind Waggy almost at the same time.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Shame Buchanan is out but we’ve reverting to a back 4 which is interesting. Thought we were getting to grips with the wing back system well, just the finishing let us down.

Not sure if it’s going to be a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, would probably prefer the former as it’ll leave more space for Lawrence & Joz to drift inside, and Knight’s got the legs to cover the middle and the space behind Waggy almost at the same time.

Was about to say similar. I think there is a high likelihood of Rooney being in the hole though despite him being ineffectual their every time he's played for us so far.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Was about to say similar. I think there is a high likelihood of Rooney being in the hole though despite him being ineffectual their every time he's played for us so far.

He might be as he's played more advanced for us recently, but I don't see any sense in Rooney being there. He's not a huge threat from outside of the box in open play - he never actually seems to want to shoot. He will have more space deeper and won't be so vulnerable if he's got Shinnie with him. Knight's energy allows us to transition into different shapes better as he has the fitness to get up and down the pitch depending on instructions. Having him deeper at the expense of Rooney would slow down how we go from defence to attack much more.

2 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I’ll say it even thought I may get slaughtered. I can’t stand Forsyth 

I’m not a fan of his passing ability, ‘can’t stand’ may’ be a little unfair on the fella, I’m sure he’s a lovely lad you can do it yes GIF by Andrew Deitsch Podcast

Archived