Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

is anyone else watching in UHD on Sky Sports?

I'm getting a slight distortion on the top left quarter. As if there's a ghost screen behind it. But only on UHD, and only on the coverage. If I go to HD or it's an ad break, it's fine

You madman. Why would you want to see us in all our glory?

17 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That or I think he would be fine as the deepest of a 3 with those two doing the running.

We don’t often disagree but Rooney and deep doesn’t work for me. The passing is great but he gets caught too often, slows our game down. I’d rather he bust a gut for 60 minutes higher up the pitch - way more effective especially now Lawrence is back and knight gets better each game 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

We don’t often disagree but Rooney and deep doesn’t work for me. The passing is great but he gets caught too often, slows our game down. I’d rather he bust a gut for 60 minutes higher up the pitch - way more effective especially now Lawrence is back and knight gets better each game 

I'm with you on this, he was really effective for about 6 games almost a year ago in midfield but now he's a lot less wasteful up front when he's at least causing problems for defenders rather than creating chances for opposition strikers.

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

is anyone else watching in UHD on Sky Sports?

I'm getting a slight distortion on the top left quarter. As if there's a ghost screen behind it. But only on UHD, and only on the coverage. If I go to HD or it's an ad break, it's fine

Have you seen Poltergeist!

Why do the two teams of players emerge separately onto the pitch, when they are all going to be mixing in close proximity straight after kick off anyway?

1 minute ago, jono said:

Well to be honest I'll start by saying I don't think he should be starting, he's not done nearly enough to warrant it.

Personally I think he's only looked good for played in a deeper role. Anytime he's been more advanced he's been anonymous. I'd also be worried at #10 he'd be in the way because that's where Jozwiak, Lawrence and Waghorn have been floating into or driving into.

If you play him as one of the more advance of a 3, you really suffer from his lack of legs as it's a very transitional role and you need players who can get up and down the pitch there.

What is the point of doing the standard team line-ups ready for the handshakes, when there’s no handshakes?

We’ve just had to walk past the QPR team so we could give each of their players a sporting eye-contact. Could at least throw in an air high-five to make it worthwhile.

Archived