Abu Derby County

tinman

33 minutes ago, StruttsParkRam said:

They reported on talk sport today the new owner is the 4th richest royal in the world

1. Saudi arabia 

2. Sultan of Brunei

3. Thailand 

4. Derby county

They also stated his personal wealth was 15 billion

Do we think they could be getting him mixed up with the actual king of the UAE?

I'd be surprised seeing as they have a direct line to Mel, but this bloke isnt the 4th richest in the world, surely?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, StruttsParkRam said:

They reported on talk sport today the new owner is the 4th richest royal in the world

1. Saudi arabia 

2. Sultan of Brunei

3. Thailand 

4. Derby county

They’ve got the wrong person, the media keep doing this and I also fell foul of the mistake when the news first broke. 

They’re referring to the the actual senior royal and head of the family, this guy is a distant relative of the ruling family but not a senior royal figure.

His personal fortune is unknown, I’d be surprised if he himself is worth much more than Mel, but the Bin Zayed group is involved in some major finically deals, recently investing £2 billion into an area of Pakistan. 

Im pretty sure he’s not going to be financing us out of his own personal wealth but investing from the Bin Zayed group, which is confirmed as much in the companies house structure. 

so who knows how much actual money we will have invested into us. 

12 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

"Morris ... looks set to sell up for around £60m to Sheikh Khaled," according to the DET.

Or ... 30,000 fans at £2k each. Should we? Would we make a better job of it?

I'll pledge £2k, so just another 29,999 to go!

PS. U23s ... top of the league. ?

And then we need 30,000 people to chuck at least an extra £500 in a year on top of season tickets just to keep going. Make that £1000 every year to spend as much as we can under P&S rules. I think we'd struggle to reach 30,000...

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

They’ve got the wrong person, the media keep doing this and I also fell foul of the mistake when the news first broke. 

They’re referring to the the actual senior royal and head of the family, this guy is a distant relative of the ruling family but not a senior royal figure.

His personal fortune is unknown, I’d be surprised if he himself is worth much more than Mel, but the Bin Zayed group is involved in some major finically deals, recently investing £2 billion into an area of Pakistan. 

Im pretty sure he’s not going to be financing us out of his own personal wealth but investing from the Bin Zayed group, which is confirmed as much in the companies house structure. 

so who knows how much actual money we will have invested into us. 

Exactly could be worth 2 billion could be worth 300 million, I think a few are getting carried away. No matter how much he’s got we can’t spend it massively anyway

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And then we need 30,000 people to chuck at least an extra £500 in a year on top of season tickets just to keep going. Make that £1000 every year to spend as much as we can under P&S rules. I think we'd struggle to reach 30,000...

True ... but we'd all get canapés at each match.

22 minutes ago, dantheram said:

How have we resolved the issues that prevented previous attempts of a takeover by this consortium? 

I feel particularly uneasy at the EFL signing anything off, they do not act in the best interests of any member club; Charlton, Wigan etc highlight this. So are we relying on Mel’s judgement and what does this amount to? 

From all accounts it doesn't seem like there is a consortium (or at least not like there would've been with either Liverpool or Newcastle offers) in this deal. There has been a new company started that is owned by Bin Zayed Group with the Sheikh fella in charge. The other two "businessmen" involved seem to have brokered the deal or done the introductions and have now left, which I think is good based on their recent records.

There's no mention of outside financial help with this deal so far, but I'm by no means an expert in all of this and I'm just trying to piece together information that I can find and hopefully verify.

It looks like it will go ahead very soon, whether the fans like it or not. It's way too early to judge how it will go, but we should all strap in and keep are arms inside the coaster at all times while the ride is moving. Scream if you wanna go faster... SHABBA!

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think, together, we have made an interesting point ... and dividing money into amounts per 30,000 full-stadium-of-fans (FSOF) helps us to visualise things.

Therefore, are we asking an owner to make an initial contribution of £2k per FSOF, and then up to £1k per FSOF per year?

That's a big ask!

And we are asking the owner to respect our loyalties, the academy, local links, and bring success, be a great custodian of our club (and graciously allow us to pretend that it is still our club), and not damage the club, or asset strip it, and so on.

If someone was giving me £2k and £1k per year, then I think I'd be nice to them

41 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

"Morris ... looks set to sell up for around £60m to Sheikh Khaled," according to the DET.

Or ... 30,000 fans at £2k each. Should we? Would we make a better job of it?

I'll pledge £2k, so just another 29,999 to go!

You are RamsTrust - I claim my £10

29 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Do we think they could be getting him mixed up with the actual king of the UAE?

I'd be surprised seeing as they have a direct line to Mel, but this bloke isnt the 4th richest in the world, surely?

I didn't listen to much of it, but they were definitely getting confused with the actual king. 

1 hour ago, StruttsParkRam said:

1. Saudi arabia 

2. Sultan of Brunei

3. Thailand 

4. Derby county

oooh....can't we get the Thais interested? Imagine a pre-season tour of Bangkok!

@DarkFruitsRam7 would collapse with exhaustion and a frayed tassel !!! ?

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Have to admit I’m slightly more worried by this than others seem to be.....

I do hope this new owner doesn’t come in, take the ground out of the club’s control, mortgage up all the assets, is slow in refunding fans monies owed, and leaves us at the bottom of the league.  

Animated GIF

My feeling is that this will be good thing if it goes through, but I'm expecting it not to go through.

I believe that Mel will have been very careful. He'll want to have been convinced by the new owner's plans. He'll have seen good evidence of competence. 

I think that we are now at the point of Mel waiting for the money to clear. This is the crunch. If they really aren't serious bidders there'll be lots of excuses and I expect that Mel will pull the plug very quickly. That, unfortunately is what I'm expecting to happen (with zero ITK). If I'm wrong, then I think all will be well - and at least we should know one way or the other pretty quickly.

Archived