Abu Derby County

tinman

10 hours ago, one_chop said:

As an experiment I've just transferred 500 quid from one account to another bank account and it only took 60 seconds, on a Sunday morning I might add. 

Blows the transfer of cash to buy the club on a Thursday out of the water don't you think ?

You were transferring the money to yourself. Try transferring it to me and see if it takes longer. Thursday will be fine, one_chop.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Rampage said:

You were transferring the money to yourself. Try transferring it to me and see if it takes longer. Thursday will be fine, one_chop.

When my son borrows money off me (quite often) I do him a bank transfer and it's instant. So no not to myself.

2 minutes ago, one_chop said:

When my son borrows money off me (quite often) I do him a bank transfer and it's instant. So no not to myself.

Try transferring £10k to me and I’ll let you know when it’s arrived. 

1 minute ago, one_chop said:

Do you transfer £60m in a different currency, from a different country, in a different continent, with a different banking system over bank holidays?

Now I am not saying I know that this takeover is going to happen. Same as you don't know.   

11 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

No it isn't. I think that has been made abundantly clear over the last few pages of this thread by numerous posters, so it's odd that you still seem unaware of that fact.

Setting aside the complexities of international transfer mechanisms and their respective security protocols, even within the UK,  BACs or CHAPS payments get delayed. Likewise, it would be highly naïve to believe that solicitors are above keeping their clients' money in their own account over a bank holiday and / or a weekend, trust me! Lawyers can be every bit a slippery and slipshod as bankers and that's saying something!

Like the rest of us, the only thing you know is the very little detail that has been reported; Deventio have confirmed that the transaction has been instigated at their end and that the law firm due to receive the money had stated that by Thursday, it had not cleared their account. Everything else, at this point, is pure conjecture and possibly grossly unfair too.

Couldn’t the Sheik just look up Albatross cars on tinternet, get them to drive over to Abu Dhabi, pick up the £60 mil, put it in the boot of the taxi, then drive it back to Mels house?

Job done.....piece of piss!

If I was a millionaire I’d make it happen like this!

15 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Couldn’t the Sheik just look up Albatross cars on tinternet, get them to drive over to Abu Dhabi, pick up the £60 mil, put it in the boot of the taxi, then drive it back to Mels house?

I can't believe you're not already a millionaire with ideas like that ?

36 minutes ago, one_chop said:

That’s called a “Faster Payment” (the clue is in the name). You can’t do multi million pound remittance by Faster Payment even if it was from one UK account to another.

Time to stop digging I think pal.

On 02/01/2021 at 11:34, Tamworthram said:

Correct.

I spent 30+ years working in banking but, it’s five years since I spent a short spell working in global payments, so I thought I’d check the oracle (Google) for up to to date timelines. Depending on how they sent the money (including if they had to route it through a third party bank - unlikely I think but possible) it seems it could typically take anything from 2 - 5 working days (so, excluding weekends and bank holidays).

If they did indeed “press the pay button” on Thursday, I would imagine it should arrive mid to late this week.

Eh?

it is just as likely that the funds sit in NY in a first class bank and the transaction will be instantaneous. 

it is far more likely that it is has been held up for general AML review.  Payment of this size will have gone to Compliance where source of wealth and source of funds will need to be verified before being released

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Eh?

it is just as likely that the funds sit in NY in a first class bank and the transaction will be instantaneous. 

it is far more likely that it is has been held up for general AML review.  Payment of this size will have gone to Compliance where source of wealth and source of funds will need to be verified before being released

Should've used HSBC, they're well known for overlooking such things.

38 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Eh?

Why would the funds be sitting in a NY bank? The transaction won’t be instantaneous, even for a first class bank, if it’s being transferred from NY to the UK and a UK bank.

Regardless of that, the funds wouldn’t be released to the beneficiary until, as you say, AML checks had been completed.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

It couldn't happen, Albatross cars aren't big enough to take the £60million, Francis Drake stopped the Cacafuego near Ecuador and stole all the loot, Strange tho it may sound the treasure was worth £60million and took 6-7 days to transfer it to the Golden Hind.

There's some strange opinions on here.

Archived