Abu Derby County

tinman

2 hours ago, wollatonram said:

another day goes by and we are now officially in the transfer window.

we need players, even leaving it until the last minute of january is throwing away several games which are key at the bottom.

get your finger out your arse khaled and mel, get it sorted, thats if you actually have any money

Its another 14 days until we play a league game.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, wollatonram said:

another day goes by and we are now officially in the transfer window.

we need players, even leaving it until the last minute of january is throwing away several games which are key at the bottom.

get your finger out your arse khaled and mel, get it sorted, thats if you actually have any money

You do realise it’s a Saturday don’t you and, last time I checked, Saturday’s are not business working days so the funds, if they’re coming, wouldn’t arrive today.

I hope you’re not going to post similar crazy comments every day until it finally happens.

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

80s tv GIF

If. I was a multi millionaire / billionaire and employed some one to do some thing be it a solicitor, barrister, airline, bin man. Rest assured if I wanted it doing and I was paying. It would be done.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, if it gets past wednesday, we're well and truly ducked.

Feeebies, very cheap  loans and players from way down the leagues in January, with probably some leaving and them not bringing in much in the way of ££££.

Still, there's going out the FA cup to look forward to.

Like you, I try and remain positive...glass half full and all that...

38 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

If. I was a multi millionaire / billionaire and employed some one to do some thing be it a solicitor, barrister, airline, bin man. Rest assured if I wanted it doing and I was paying. It would be done.

It makes me laugh, I've just seen someone say "it's a Saturday" ?

Assuming this really is a 60 million pound deal, I would imagine it's the biggest deal the solicitor is dealing with right now along with a nice big payment, so the hold up wont be the solicitors end..

Also if I bank transfer 100 quid to you right now, it wont sit in the never never because it's a Saturday, its electronic, its quicker than a virgin's first fumble.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Assuming this really is a 60 million pound deal, I would imagine it's the biggest deal the solicitor is dealing with right now along with a nice big payment, so the hold up wont be the solicitors end..

Also if I bank transfer 100 quid to you right now, it wont sit in the never never because it's a Saturday, its electronic, its quicker than a virgin's first fumble.

Transferring 100 quid from UK bank account to UK bank account is not quite the same as sending £60 million as an international transfer though, is it ? 

At least we’ll no one way or the other before we play next. So at least we know where we stand.

The funds turning up or not has a shelf life. I doubt either party wanted that news made public but thankfully for us it has now brought things to a head.

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Think you should try it ,send me a oner and I will let you know if I get it ??

29 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Depends who the 100 quid is being transferred to, an overseas payment to a high risk country may require additional due diligence. If you want to see the risk of not doing this by a bank, search danske bank fine to see what can happen if you try to bypass these controls.

This deal I would expect is very complicated, coming from a high risk country, an umbrella company for a start, the financial company handling the deal plus need someone to manually look into this information to cover them. 

Not sure if this is the reason, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

48 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes, and the aforementioned Solicitor will have full knowledge as to why the deal hasn't gone through. Highly unlikely that the Sheikh and his consortium are arguing the toss with Transferwise over the best available exchange rate...... but you never know ?

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Transferring 100 quid from UK bank account to UK bank account is not quite the same as sending £60 million as an international transfer though, is it ? 

I dont know, is it?

What I do know is, if Khaled was wanting to transfer 60 million into Mels account on a Thursday, as an astute businessman, he could have made it happen, but he didnt.

20 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I dont know, is it?

What I do know is, if Khaled was wanting to transfer 60 million into Mels account on a Thursday, as an astute businessman, he could have made it happen, but he didnt.

No it isn't. I think that has been made abundantly clear over the last few pages of this thread by numerous posters, so it's odd that you still seem unaware of that fact.

Setting aside the complexities of international transfer mechanisms and their respective security protocols, even within the UK,  BACs or CHAPS payments get delayed. Likewise, it would be highly naïve to believe that solicitors are above keeping their clients' money in their own account over a bank holiday and / or a weekend, trust me! Lawyers can be every bit a slippery and slipshod as bankers and that's saying something!

Like the rest of us, the only thing you know is the very little detail that has been reported; Deventio have confirmed that the transaction has been instigated at their end and that the law firm due to receive the money had stated that by Thursday, it had not cleared their account. Everything else, at this point, is pure conjecture and possibly grossly unfair too.

11 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

No it isn't. I think that has been made abundantly clear over the last few pages of this thread by numerous posters, so it's odd that you still seem unaware of that fact.

Setting aside the complexities of international transfer mechanisms and their respective security protocols, even within the UK,  BACs or CHAPS payments get delayed. Likewise, it would be highly naïve to believe that solicitors are above keeping their clients' money in their own account over a bank holiday and / or a weekend, trust me! Lawyers can be every bit a slippery and slipshod as bankers and that's saying something!

Like the rest of us, the only thing you know is the very little detail that has been reported; Deventio have confirmed that the transaction has been instigated at their end and that the law firm due to receive the money had stated that by Thursday, it had not cleared their account. Everything else, at this point, is pure conjecture and possibly grossly unfair too.

Yeah but that doesnt suit peoples arguements that the new owners are dodgy businessmen who dont pay bills and Mel is a joke who doesnt pay his players.

Lets ignore both are both multi-millionaires from their business success, they clearly have no idea how to do business, send money to lawyers etc. I think Mel and Khaled need to look at some of our fans/forum members to improve their business acumen and knowledge.

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Yeah but that doesnt suit peoples arguements that the new owners are dodgy businessmen who dont pay bills and Mel is a joke who doesnt pay his players.

Lets ignore both are both multi-millionaires from their business success, they clearly have no idea how to do business, send money to lawyers etc. I think Mel and Khaled need to look at some of our fans/forum members to improve their business acumen and knowledge.

Yep, it's definitely a little odd but I'm going to put it down to 2020 being a horrible year where we've all had the odd kneejerk moment. I know I have ? 

It'd be a shame though if we get off on a poor footing with the new owners at a time when some unity would do us all good. 

As an experiment I've just transferred 500 quid from one account to another bank account and it only took 60 seconds, on a Sunday morning I might add. 

Blows the transfer of cash to buy the club on a Thursday out of the water don't you think ?

Archived