Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

This ongoing saga is turning into a farce and making the club look like a joke set up.  It's embarrassing tbh

Really? Is anyone else talking about it much other than those on this forum? 

I can't say that I've seen much, if any, coverage in the wider media about the delay. 

Maybe I don't read the right newspapers. 

5 hours ago, Coconut said:

It's generally a good idea not to string people along and tell them that something is 'imminent' when you haven't got a bloody clue yourself when it'll actually happen, or worse you know it'll be another few weeks but keep giving out messages that it's right around the corner.

People will say that the club have kept their word and made no official statement, so we should just be patient, but obviously someone will be briefing Rooney with what to say when asked. It's not a club statement but it's still a message from the club.

Just be honest about things, if you don't know anything, don't say anything, don't drip feed inaccurate ******** to your temporary manager to give out in press conferences making it sound like an announcement is due any time now when it isn't.

It sets a poor tone from the off, and perpetuates a lack of trust already in place from reading about people's past dealings with the potential new owners.

How do you know Mel, or whoever it was that told Rooney, hasn't got a clue? I doubt he's deliberately stringing him along.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Well it is unlikely to be reported in the Beano ?

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Really? Is anyone else talking about it much other than those on this forum? 

I can't say that I've seen much, if any, coverage in the wider media about the delay. 

I know fans from several other clubs who are finding  the whole matter quite amusing 

4 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I know fans from several other clubs who are finding  the whole matter quite amusing 

The only time I would be bothered what other clubs think of us would be if our owner was an alleged drug dealer , match fixer and money launderer . Now where could we find one of those ? 

11 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I know fans from other clubs who don't give a crap - anecdotal evidence doesn't really help here. Very few people care what happens to us and most of those who do are Derby or Forest fans. Nothing to get worked up about though - it certainly isn't embarrasing

Archived