Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm Sorry... wait... WHAT?

If your wife is ringing you up in the pub, asking what time you'll be home, wouldn't you be better off just asking her if she needs you to pick up another pair of trousers for her, on your way home... as you clearly don't mind her wearing them!  ?

Good God man... have some self respect, and put yer bloody foot down!  

Yeah... OK... My wife never rings me up in the pub, as I've never actually been allowed in one without her... but that's not what this discussion is about!    ?

Mucker1884  ya obsessed youth  wid lasses ...come on lad get theee sen back tud footy .

Arrr B - ll - - ks  ta that youth ..pass us big lass from Belper 

10 hours ago, europia said:

Equally it would be speculation to claim that the expert 'doesn't really know anything'. I see it that he is giving his considered view on the most likely scenario. Nothing wrong with that imo. Time will tell......

I’m not claiming to know anything, or being paid for the privilege, and who’s been claiming we’re in line for a state takeover?

pardon my ignorance but I had no idea this was where they got the name:

Derventio was a small town in the Roman province of Britannia. Today the area is known as Little Chester, on the outskirts of Derby, located in the English county of Derbyshire.[1]

Old Chester Road just by Darley Park apparently.

If anyone lives round there, pls ask the Sheikh round for tea and ask him what his plans are

24 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Derventio was a small town in the Roman province of Britannia. Today the area is known as Little Chester, on the outskirts of Derby, located in the English county of Derbyshire.[1]

If anyone lives round there, pls ask the Sheikh round for tea and ask him what his plans are

I'm currently walking through little Chester.

Only sheikhs I can see are from the junkie sat on the bench.

27 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes settled there as the River Derwent was close bye, Chester Green, Parkers Piece, Darley Park and parts of the Racecourse at the bottom of Hampshire Road, There was an Archealogical dig a good few years back, And found some wax tablets with Roman writing on, One in the Derby Meuseum where it was interprited to say..."A football made of a pigs bladder is kicked between groups of Legionairs, There were no goals but the writers name appeared on the bottom...Philipus Cocius"

I would think a large amount transaction like this will take a while to complete. So say for example its the usual 3-5 working days -

Thursday - EFL Approval

Friday - Club Statement

So maybe the club released the statement after proof of the funds being sent which is why they stated about being resolved in the coming days and now we're just waiting for the money to clear?

That would make the 3-5 working days Weds-Fri this week so could happen any day now. Also, fits into the Telegraphs article on Tuesday I think it was that said it was imminent in the next couple of days

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would think a large amount transaction like this will take a while to complete. So say for example its the usual 3-5 working days -

Thursday - EFL Approval

Friday - Club Statement

So maybe the club released the statement after proof of the funds being sent which is why they stated about being resolved in the coming days and now we're just waiting for the money to clear?

That would make the 3-5 working days Weds-Fri this week so could happen any day now. Also, fits into the Telegraphs article on Tuesday I think it was that said it was imminent in the next couple of days

I highly doubt settlement is by cheque in the post ? Bank to Bank electronic transfer is instantaneous. There could be any number of reasons why a complex sale might take some time, but money clearance wouldn’t be one of them.

On 02/11/2020 at 20:57, Rampage said:

Was in Norway last year on a Cruise. You need serious money to buy anything there. Their policy on growing trees is light years ahead.

Amazing country with some lovely people.

mind you they have a lot of space to share between them and have had a dragons hoard of oil and gas that has allowed them a sovereign wealth fund that means they are probably one of the wealthiest civilised true nations on Earth (per capita) 

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Thursday - EFL Approval

Friday - Club Statement

If lawyers involved all European based yes but assume tomorrow will be usual  weekend shutdown for any Middle Eastern parties involved?

44 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I highly doubt settlement is by cheque in the post ? Bank to Bank electronic transfer is instantaneous. There could be any number of reasons why a complex sale might take some time, but money clearance wouldn’t be one of them.

My old boss from 40 years ago used to control his cash-flow one day at a time using the magic words "second post not arrived yet?"

Electronic bank transfer would have killed him.

53 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I didnt say it was by cheque and i'm not saying it is 100% 3-5day but would a transfer of 60m be instantaneous?

Archived