Abu Derby County

tinman

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I don't always trust football agents or sports lawyers and they will know how easy it is to have MM over a barrel just now. Can't understand why the DT would off its own bat be recycling an article published in the Times weeks ago.

I believe the DT is owned by the Mirror Group, Just another poor rag that fills it's pages with bad journalistic stories...imo ofcourse.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Do you work for free?

Oooooo- a bit of passive aggression.

No, do you?

But, neither would I regurgitate other people’s research/or stuff that’s already in the public domain and market it as if it were some type of scoop.

Hope this helps.

9 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

Oooooo- a bit of passive aggression.

No, do you?

But, neither would I regurgitate other people’s research/or stuff that’s already in the public domain and market it as if it were some type of scoop.

Hope this helps.

Question. Have you read the article?

I’m genuinely curious, as I’ve not seen the quotes in said article from experts Nick McGeehan and Simon Chadwick mentioned anywhere else in any other media outlets.

It was actually quite informative and detailed a lot about Sheik Khaled that I haven’t read elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

"Whatever your opinion, I beg you read the piece before giving it."

I assumed from the begging and the implied importance that it would be a free piece. Just more clickbait it seems.

14 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I’m genuinely curious, as I’ve not seen the quotes in said article from experts Nick McGeehan and Simon Chadwick mentioned anywhere else in any other media outlets.

It was actually quite informative and detailed a lot about Sheik Khaled that I haven’t read elsewhere.

I have,  and I do think the piece on Sportscene that was referenced by @Rambalinwas actually more informative, particularly with regards the historical fracture between the grandfathers, which gave a greater degree of context to the status of our guy.

49 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Share it then laa

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Whatever your opinion, I beg you read the piece before giving it."

I assumed from the begging and the implied importance that it would be a free piece. Just more clickbait it seems.

Yeah I agree with you on that. The tweet wasn't worded particularly well when the article is behind a paywall.

2 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Does really matter if this guy is brothers,cousins  or uncles.with Royal family.

He is wealthy.

We need him to show us the money to get deal completed (if he is serious).

As a distant cousin he is believed to be around as personally wealthy as Mel (£500m seems to be a number in the public domain)

As a distant cousin he does not have access to the serious pot of cash....the £bns that is referred to as being owned by the "Royal Family".

So expect little change really.

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

As a distant cousin he is believed to be around as personally wealthy as Mel (£500m seems to be a number in the public domain)

As a distant cousin he does not have access to the serious pot of cash....the £bns that is referred to as being owned by the "Royal Family".

Which is why it was surprising that Radio Derby, Talk Sport and the Sun were going on like we would be the richest club in the world (well RD were just comparing us to Man City), when the newspaper reporting closer to the truth was The Daily Mail.  Even John Percy was reporting the family were worth loads of money.

Not sure if you heard the interview on RD with the bloke in Texas, I got the impression even he knew very little of Shiekh Khaled and a lot of his interview was guess work. 

He said his company was worth around 1billion dollars, yet there are articles suggesting his company have invested 2 billion in a single project in India...added to the alleged 2 billion bid for Liverpool.

Either he is mega rich, or, he isnt as rich as he is making out and is using the wealth of people like Mansour to get his foot in the door.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Which is why it was surprising that Radio Derby, Talk Sport and the Sun were going on like we would be the richest club in the world (well RD were just comparing us to Man City), when the newspaper reporting closer to the truth was The Daily Mail.  Even John Percy was reporting the family were worth loads of money.

Not sure if you heard the interview on RD with the bloke in Texas, I got the impression even he knew very little of Shiekh Khaled and a lot of his interview was guess work. 

He said his company was worth around 1billion dollars, yet there are articles suggesting his company have invested 2 billion in a single project in India...added to the alleged 2 billion bid for Liverpool.

Either he is mega rich, or, he isnt as rich as he is making out and is using the wealth of people like Mansour to get his foot in the door.

He's rich enough for a project like Derby - but he won't stick around to suck up 15m plus losses a year after stumping up 60m purchase.

I've written elsewhere that i think the original confusion came from Sheikh Khaled being confused with Sheikh Khalid - who is much closer to Mansour.

Khaled is basically a fund manager, so it wasn't clear whether he was acting for himself or on behalf of the fund. It seems it is the former.

https://www.thebusinessyear.com/dubai-2018/overseas-investment/b2b

Again, not sure how accurate this is, but our Sheikh Khaled is talking about a casual 7 billion USD investment in roads and infrastructure in India.  Either he is full of absolute horse manure or he is involved in some big money.

I guess the plan is to buy Derby out of his pocket, get us to the Prem, make us an attractive established Premier League club and hope we capture the imagination of one of his many rich investors and they come on board.

23 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I would expect change - if the deal happens. Lets assume for the purpose the figures above are correct, but nobody knows the Sheikh's true wealth.  It is clear Mel has had enough, and does not want to invest anymore - perfectly understandable.  The Sheikh however will only be wanting to come in to do his utmost to get us to the Premiership, and therefore he is surely going to want to find ways to get funds into the club to invest in players (and perhaps infrastructure (property development around the ground)). He aint going to invest £60m to be passive and watch FFP and Cash losses mount up.

Archived