Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bielik, Whittaker, Ibe and Trialist all in the U23s today, meaning our Forest squad is:

First XI: Marshall, Byrne, Wisdom, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan, Knight, Shinnie, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Waghorn
Subs: Roos, te Wierik, Forsyth, Bird, Sibley, Holmes, Kazim-Richards
At home: Evans, Rooney

Presumably Duncan in the ‘at home’ gang?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bielik, Whittaker, Ibe and Trialist all in the U23s today, meaning our Forest squad is:

First XI: Marshall, Byrne, Wisdom, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan, Knight, Shinnie, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Waghorn

I think that's what it'll be.

24 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Like the optimism. Early goal will be crucial for either team. However, I’m pessimistic at the minute. Think if we score early, Forest have enough to push for an equaliser. If they score first, we have not shown any ability to score a goal this season. Best we can hope is keeping the ball out of our net and nicking one near the end

There is little evidence to support my prediction apart from a thought that we will be changing the style of play and attacking more today compared to most other matches. Forest have conceded 8 and 3 have been conceded 22 minutes and earlier so I am hoping we set out to score early, then manage the game after. Danger is like against Huddersfield if we don't score, it's wasted energy.

Personally I would like to see Sibley in preference to Shinnie.

i know it’s a gamble but we talk about fine margins, and a bit of his magic could tip the game in our favour.

7 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

There is little evidence to support my prediction apart from a thought that we will be changing the style of play and attacking more today compared to most other matches. Forest have conceded 8 and 3 have been conceded 22 minutes and earlier so I am hoping we set out to score early, then manage the game after. Danger is like against Huddersfield if we don't score, it's wasted energy.

Scoring early and managing games hasn't been part of our strategy for a very,very long time mate.

39 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Holmes - Hasn't shown enough to be a starter. Personally, I think a run in the U23s would do him good to rebuild his confidence.

Maybe, but have Evans and Wisdom shown enough to be starters in a back 3?

also Evans can play in midfield 

49 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Like the optimism. Early goal will be crucial for either team. However, I’m pessimistic at the minute. Think if we score early, Forest have enough to push for an equaliser. If they score first, we have not shown any ability to score a goal this season. Best we can hope is keeping the ball out of our net and nicking one near the end

You did kind of contradict yourself by saying if we score early then go on to say we've not shown any ability to score a goal. So sort of conflicting.

But yeah know what you meant, I'd be interested from the stato's on here how many times this season or the final quarter of last season what % of games have the opposition scored first and we've subsequently won the game (or an even more diluted comparison we've got something from the game at all)

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Thanks for this, though it's a shame the U23 game is early today as it gives the Gumps the heads up on our team too. I must have missed something - why is Evans also "at home" or is this just a guess? Cheers.

Meanwhile, the only time I look forward to this fixture is when we're doing badly, as the match normally seems to instigate a change in fortunes. Let's hope that trend continues! I'm looking forward to tonight. ????

We'll start with 5 at the back but id prefer a 5 man midfield 

Marshall 

Byrne davies Clarke Buchanan

Bird 

Jozwiak knight  shinnie Lawrence 

Waghorn 

I hate three at the back or five at the back whichever way you look at it. If you have a 5 man midfield Byrne & buchanan can bomb on and bird sit when they do. I imagine this would be more a bielik role when fit. 

Knight and shinnie box to box & knight in his better position. Instead we'll get 5 at the back and sit too deep defending & not have enough options going forward when we win the ball back in our own area. 

Come on Phil go for  it tonight 

Marshall 

Wisdom.   Davies   Clarke  

Byrne      Knight.     Buchanan  

Jozwiak.   Sibley.   Lawrence   

Waghorn

Forest won’t be expecting that go for it attack in numbers.

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

D:Ream   'Things can only get better'  come on you Rams ?

Marshall 

Byrne Wisdom Davies Clarke Buchanan

knight  Shinniesta  

Jozwiak Waghorn  Lawrence

Got to be this side all day long. One of the best we can put out and I’d have some optimism for tonight if so. Get the full backs forward, Knight with the late runs and Lawrence and Joz running riot, could be great but we’ll see. 

My team would be as below; Although I appreciate that there's fitness issues over 3 of the players including Lawrence so maybe its a bit too gung ho for tonight. The idea of a back 5 makes me very sad though, fitness issues or not.

Marshall

Byrne      Davies          Clarke           Buchanon

Shinnie

Knight           Lawrence

Waghorn                                  Jozwiak

Kazim-Richards

14 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

My team would be as below; Although I appreciate that there's fitness issues over 3 of the players including Lawrence so maybe its a bit too gung ho for tonight. The idea of a back 5 makes me very sad though, fitness issues or not.

Marshall

Byrne      Davies          Clarke           Buchanon

Shinnie

Knight           Lawrence

Waghorn                                  Jozwiak

Kazim-Richards

I'd take out CKR and have Waghorn as striker, move Lawrence to left wing, Jozwiak right and Sibley attacking midfield. But I do like your team.

I think however it'll be similar to previous in terms of back five, Bird and Shinnie, Jozwiak, Lawrence and Waghorn with Sibley, Holmes and CKR being the subs

Archived