Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Still can't believe how we couldn't manage to put one goal against Hamer. Things must be getting bad if we are gifting him a clean sheet.

Knowing his performances for us it's criminal we did nothing to put him under the slightest bit of pressure whatsoever.

We targeted him on every set piece by putting men on him but every set piece was incredibly bad 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Let me just get this right. 

We do want Derby County to beat Nottingham Forest, yeah? 

?

No Derby fan should be wanting to lose to Forest. Ever. I would never wish we lose just so someone might lose their job. Appalling attitude.

12 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

No Derby fan should be wanting to lose to Forest. Ever. I would never wish we lose just so someone might lose their job. Appalling attitude.

Sorry if my post is misleading. 

I very much want us to win every game. 

I was putting the question out there because it's not always clear on this forum that posters want us to do well. 

There's a lot of sniping at the club and each other. 

What we really need is a win and who better to beat than Forest? 

Surely that's what this particular thread is all about? 

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Sorry if my post is misleading. 

I very much want us to win every game. 

I was putting the question out there because it's not always clear on this forum that posters want us to do well. 

There's a lot of sniping at the club and each other. 

What we really need is a win and who better to beat than Forest? 

Surely that's what this particular thread is all about? 

I understood your post, I was agreeing! But it doesn't look that way when I read it back. I aimed it at the people you were questioning.

I had a really vivid dream last night in which we destroyed Forest in this game with five first half goals (ended 5-0). For some reason we were playing in a kit similar to Blackburn's and David Dunn scored a screamer for us but boy did it feel good.

Get out there tonight lads and play your hearts out and give us a performance to be proud of , bring those 3pts home with you for your manager who has been to hell and back since joining us , would be nice to see that smile on his face again , so for all your fans , the manager and yourselves COYR

44 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Think we will be up for this and score early. The players can’t accept another poor performance surely. I’m still hopeful for a a Derby victory tonight. 

Like the optimism. Early goal will be crucial for either team. However, I’m pessimistic at the minute. Think if we score early, Forest have enough to push for an equaliser. If they score first, we have not shown any ability to score a goal this season. Best we can hope is keeping the ball out of our net and nicking one near the end

A lot of people will be disappointed as there is very little chance of us lining up with a back 4 for this game. Previously, we looked too weak defensively with a back 4, and have since looked solid with a 5. We haven't looked great offensively all season, whether in a back 4 or a 5. However, the introduction of Lawrence has sparked some creativity into the side.

Not only did the switch come from being poor in defence, but also because we had so few fit attacking options. That's now changing but not many can play the full 90 to a high standard. 

For those two reasons, we'll be looking to revert to a back 4 soon. Lose this one and we'll see a back 4 in the following game. A win, and a back 5 will continue for a little bit longer.

CM options
Knight - Guaranteed to get 90 minutes
Shinnie - Ditto
Bird - Out of form and needs a rest
Holmes - Hasn't shown enough to be a starter. Personally, I think a run in the U23s would do him good to rebuild his confidence.
Sibley - Missed the last 3 games and would be limited to 30 mins.
Bielik - Playing for the U23s
Rooney - Sat at home with his TV remote

Forward options
Lawrence - Rebuilding his match fitness. Probably 80 minutes in this one
Jozwiak - A 90 minute man
Waghorn - Rebuilding his fitness. Probably 60 minutes, similar to Lawrence's progression.
Whittaker - A useful impact sub
Trialist - Behind Waghorn as a CF option. Sub at best having not played much for a while.
Kazim-Richards - A useful impact sub. Still building up his fitness so limited to 30 minutes.
Ibe - Playing for the U23s

Essentially that means we're forced into 541:

Jozwiak   Knight   Shinnie   Lawrence
Waghorn

Bird, Holmes, Sibley, Whittaker and Kazim-Richards (and Trialist) as our options off the bench

Archived