Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Think there must have been a secret meeting where 50% of the fans decided that they don't mind finishing bottom 8 and playing football that raises everyone's blood pressure. I wish I'd get to the stage where I'm shrugging shoulders, would make post match less traumatic.

Its all about opinions, nothing else.

In my opinion we will have a great season. I'm just gutted we won't be allowed to see it.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yeah probably.......it's not the sitting at the bottom of the table with a couple of wins from the past 14 games,it's people having the temerity to be slightly concerned about it that's the real problem.

26gsvAm8UPaczzXz2.gif

Couldn't agree more. I think folk are perfectly entitled to wet the bed every time we drop points against teams just down from the Prem.

What was your score prediction by the way. Another Derby win I assume?

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's people not holding their nerve and panicking

Again,you are spot on.

Best to close this forum until everyone gets on board with this 'not ever winning is actually fine point of view.

Personally,travelling to Walsall and Burton to watch us play will cut down on my travelling costs no end so it's a winner,winner chicken dinner scenario if you look at it in a positive point of view ???

I don’t think this pressure will go away for a while. Mel won’t enjoy us not winning games and being in the bottom six when Luton and Rotherham are finding wins easy enough to come by.

I think Mel will give Cocu until the international break. Three more games and he’ll reassess after that.

Bournemouth (A), QPR (H), Barnsley (H)

6+ points and I think Cocu will be fine and we’ll be in a good position to push on and the two recent draws will probably look like green shoots of recovery.

Anything less and I think it’ll be the end of the line.

15 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Couldn't agree more. I think folk are perfectly entitled to wet the bed every time we drop points against teams just down from the Prem.

What was your score prediction by the way. Another Derby win I assume?

I know you 86,you have reached the point where you are going to dig in for the pure hell of it because you hate the thought of yet another manager going out of the door....

Fair enough and I agree in many ways....I think that Cocu is trying to build a different type of side,sort out our finances whilst also trying to manage a football team.

The problem is that he is running out of time to get it the results side of getting results right.

The performances are improving but the results are not.

The goals have essentially dried up and we are snatching at half chances that rarely look to actually threaten opposing sides.

There's something fundamentally wrong with our tactics in the final third.

My preference would be for Cocu to get it right and for us to start getting results,I don't ever want a manager like Rowett or Pearson darkening our doors again but it's got to turn around quickly given the position we find ourselves in.

By the way,my prediction was a 1-3 loss with waghorn as frgs as I couldn't see us scoring enough goals to win.

Fortunately it didn't come true due to the woodwork saving our arses twice 

In the last two games, the loss of four points which we on balance deserved, could be attributed mainly to the manager's lack of ambition and drive in the second half of each match. Taking off the two wing backs tonight must have impacted adversely on the team's positivity and its confidence that it could score the much-needed second goal.

HIs post-match interview with Radio Derby tonight was worryingly not the best and made me wonder what is being said to him and lined up behind the scenes. Remember how John Major's convenient toothache led to him becoming Prime Minister.

I hope I am wrong, but now good players are back from injury and others are playing so well, 2 points from 6 is not a defensible outcome.

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Best to close this forum until everyone gets on board with this 'not ever winning is actually fine point of view.

I really don't understand where your coming from.

Why close the forum because not everyone agrees with your point of view? 

2 minutes ago, Half fan said:

In the last two games, the loss of four points which we on balance deserved, could be attributed mainly to the manager's lack of ambition and drive in the second half of each match. Taking off the two wing backs tonight must have impacted adversely on the team's positivity and its confidence that it could score the much-needed second goal.

HIs post-match interview with Radio Derby tonight was worryingly not the best and made me wonder what is being said to him and lined up behind the scenes. Remember how John Major's convenient toothache led to him becoming Prime Minister.

I hope I am wrong, but now good players are back from injury and others are playing so well, 2 points from 6 is not a defensible outcome.

Would he have taken Buchanan off if he hadn’t been injured though?

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I don’t think this pressure will go away for a while. Mel won’t enjoy us not winning games and being in the bottom six when Luton and Rotherham are finding wins easy enough to come by.

I think Mel will give Cocu until the international break. Three more games and he’ll reassess after that.

6+ points and I think Cocu will be fine and we’ll be in a good position to push on and the two recent draws will probably look like green shoots of recovery.

I’m sorry but where, in anything Mel has stated, has there been an indication that this is the case?

You’ve literally made up a scenario to invite external pressure onto Cocu for what reason?

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’m sorry but where, in anything Mel has stated, has there been an indication that this is the case?

You’ve literally made up a scenario to invite external pressure onto Cocu for what reason?

I don't think Mel can come out and say any of that or he may as well pull the trigger now. Mel is doing his upmost to not sack Cocu, hopefully it works out, we turn the corner and we can all pat uncle Mel on the back for evolving as a owner. Although anything less than 4 points from the next 3 fixtures would be dreadful.

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

One season into a four year contract.

The squad is beginning to play the high press game that Cocu wants. We are playing with more intent and creating more chances every game. 

The players are starting to believe just like the Leeds players did under Bielsa.

Archived