Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Dunno enough about Cook - he's mostly managed in lower divisions.

I'm exiled in the South and have seen a fair bit of Bournemouth.

It's amusing that those who criticise Cocu for being defensive suggest Howe and Hughton. Also, neither have blooded many academy players.

A few players, including Ibe and Cook, have raised questions regarding Howe's man management skills aswell.

But, hey ho, at least it's a chance to have someone else, eh?

Think Cook has a solid CV, just never been promoted from the Championship. Looks to play good football too and wouldn't cost that much. As for Howe and Hughton their two good managers in my opinion. I'm personally not bothered about blooding youth however I acknowledge that it can keep you ticking in the long run i.e Southampton.

Pretty sure Bryson has said before that McClaren's man management was horrendous yet got us to a play off final and is highly thought of by most on here.

I hope Cocu can slowly get us moving upwards but I don't think he'll get us promoted and  I'll be very unhappy if we pick up 0 points from the next 2 matches.

23 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Vocal in the presence of the decision makers, yes. I think people would’ve voted with their feet and we would have lost a lot on the gate. 

Or if sll at the ground we wouldnt have had the big covid financial hit and signed cocus no 1 striker choice. Its really hard to judge him based on hypothetical situations

7 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Or if sll at the ground we wouldnt have had the big covid financial hit and signed cocus no 1 striker choice. Its really hard to judge him based on hypothetical situations

Surely 90% of things that become an opinion of any football fan is hypocritical. What do we really know in terms of what’s going on, who we are targeting, what fees we have agreed, which players we are targeting, which players we have missed out on, what wages are our players on, what contracts have we offered, are the players putting a shift in, what is PC preferred style of play, etc etc etc

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Surely 90% of things that become an opinion of any football fan is hypothetical . What do we really know in terms of what’s going on, who we are targeting, what fees we have agreed, which players we are targeting, which players we have missed out on, what wages are our players on, what contracts have we offered, are the players putting a shift in, what is PC preferred style of play, etc etc etc

12 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Bielsa at Leeds without a warchest

Leeds spent £25m the season before Bielsa went there, they've then spent around £10m on Bamford, £3m on Barry Douglas, last season they added Helder Costa on loan, who has just cost them £15m, Jean Augustine, with the promise to pay £20m on promotion. That's not including the loans they have had, Jack Harrison for 3 years now, Ben White, who they bid £40m for, and substantial wages on Kika Cassila. They also tried to sign Dan James for £10m. So it isn't like he has had to scrimp and save. 

I mean i'm pretty sure the lad that scored for Watford is worth more than our entire squad right? Thought we were the better side overall but obviously we are lacking up top, Lawrence made a massive difference. If only we could have Lawrence, Joswiak, Ibe and a big strong CF on the pitch at the same time we'll win some games. I have concerns sure but i'll make the true judgement when he has a fully fit squad. If we can get Waghorn & Bielik back fit that will make a huge difference.

14 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Bielsa at Leeds

Bielsa is a world class manager, levels above most. 

He is unbelievably stubborn. If we had him at Derby, our fans would've wanted him out for starting with the same team the week after a loss. 

14 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

at Champ'ship level that we shipped three goals & were beaten after 15 minutes

Villa 0-4 under Lampard? We were 4-0 down at half time.
Reading 2-4 under Rowett. 0-2 after 13 mins.
We also lost 1-4 at home to Sunderland and 1-3 away to Burton in the same season. 

On 19/10/2020 at 09:21, Jubbs said:

Villa 0-4 under Lampard? We were 4-0 down at half time.
Reading 2-4 under Rowett. 0-2 after 13 mins.
We also lost 1-4 at home to Sunderland and 1-3 away to Burton in the same season. 

We were away at Villa. First win in a ten game winning sequence where they hit over 1.5 goals in 8/10. We were poor, however, granted with three goals in ten minutes approx. 

Browsed results for the other games, 0-2 HT at Reading, at least we did net & the defeat came after four Rams straight wins. That's the Championship for you, unpredictable. 

Sunderland similar, we went on to beat Cardiff a couple of weeks later. Yes, we were equally poor in terms of defending.

Three nil after 15 minutes at home. Seriously, when can you remember that happening? And all the goals occurring within a five minute spell.

6 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

We were away at Villa. First win in a ten game winning sequence where they hit over 1.5 goals in 8/10. We were poor, however, granted with three goals in ten minutes approx. 

Browsed results for the other games, 0-2 HT at Reading, at least we did net & the defeat came after four Rams straight wins. That's the Championship for you, unpredictable. 

Sunderland similar, we went on to beat Cardiff a couple of weeks later. Yes, we were equally poor in terms of defending.

Three nil after 15 minutes at home. Seriously, when can you remember that happening? And all the goals occurring within a five minute spell.

Leicester at H in about 1997? Sunday afternoon kickoff I think and we ended up getting stuffed 4-0 or 4-1, but pretty sure Izzet and Heskey scored a few quite early.

Yes, but what division was it? The Premier League.  I'm specifically talking about the Championship, second tier. If you look at our home record, I think we've only lost more than 4 games a season once since Clough's sacking. I'm talking about the nature of the performance as well, three goals in the space of five minutes.

On 22/10/2020 at 16:32, Van der MoodHoover said:

Leicester at H in about 1997? Sunday afternoon kickoff I think and we ended up getting stuffed 4-0 or 4-1, but pretty sure Izzet and Heskey scored a few quite early.

Borbokis.   Blatsis.  Bragstad.   Boertien

I never trusted defenders with names beginning with B after that. 

Archived