Sack cocu

dantheram

54 minutes ago, cannable said:

No mate, we aren’t cost cutting, I am talking baalocks, you are right

Yeah, smart riposte. And yes I am 

Cutting your cloth or more simply speaking, balancing income with expenditure, liabilities versus assets isn’t austerity. It’s common sense and good practice. We weren’t doing it before so as a result we had to sell our “house.” We now have nothing left to sell so the books have to balance because there isn’t a get out clause. 

yeah .. maybe if there wasn’t FFP and Mel was happy to spend on his hobby but .. there is FFP and we don’t know how far Mel is prepared to stretch .. he’s done loads up to now hasn’t he. 

so with a right COVID stir crazy bag on - and feeling throughly fed up by a load of things including, but not limited to, pram occupying people with ejecting dummies  and toys ...  we all need to grow up and learn that I want doesn’t get.

Running an operation within sensible boundaries is NOT austerity.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jono said:

Cutting your cloth or more simply speaking, balancing income with expenditure, liabilities versus assets isn’t austerity. It’s common sense and good practice. We weren’t doing it before so as a result we had to sell our “house.” We now have nothing left to sell so the books have to balance because there isn’t a get out clause. 

yeah .. maybe if there wasn’t FFP and Mel was happy to spend on his hobby but .. there is FFP and we don’t know how far Mel is prepared to stretch .. he’s done loads up to now hasn’t he. 

so with a right COVID stir crazy bag on - and feeling throughly fed up by a load of things including, but not limited to, pram occupying people with ejecting dummies  and toys ...  we all need to grow up and learn that I want doesn’t get.

Who is throwing their toys out of the pram?

25 minutes ago, jono said:

You speak a lot of sense, mate

Run the club sensibly, if not competing for promotion is the price then so be it, premier league is rubbish anyway 

37 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Yea if there is any decision to be made, it won't be till December.

They've backed him, given him his signings. It's pointless to sack him now. The question will be whether they want to back him again.

I see your point but I very much doubt there will be even a peep of a real Cocu out intent from the powers that be, until Feb and then only if we are in or just above the drop zone.

Personally I don’t think we will be. I also think Cocu will be here next season after an upper mid table finish 

27 minutes ago, cannable said:

Who is throwing their toys out of the pram?

A lot of people. Check out the posts, the Cocu out, Inept recruitment, the “madness” to let Marriott go, the why didn’t we give CM the sun moon and stars. And while I don’t want to have a go at you particularly .. we are in austerity - id est ... boo hoo snot fair, pout city. 

hey maybe you don’t mean it like that, but it certainly carried that vibe to me. Perhaps I am wrong ? If so .. I apologise without equivocation. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Check out the posts, the Cocu out, Inept recruitment, the “madness” to let Marriott go, the why didn’t we give CM the sun moon and stars. And while I don’t want to have a go at you particularly .. we are in austerity - id est ... boo hoo snot fair, pout city. 

Who is able to fully agree when we know we were attempting to buy the German striker and in for Wilson. Plus the players we've signed in this window. It might be austerity to Derby but it's not nothing!

3 minutes ago, jono said:

A lot of people. Check out the posts, the Cocu out, Inept recruitment, the “madness” to let Marriott go, the why didn’t we give CM the sun moon and stars. And while I don’t want to have a go at you particularly .. we are in austerity - id est ... boo hoo snot fair, pout city. 

hey maybe you don’t mean it like that, but it certainly carried that vibe to me. Perhaps I am wrong ? If so .. I apologise without equivocation. 

I’ve said a lot of those things, but I’m not chucking my toys out the pram. Simply why do I want to back a manger who, doesn’t play entertaining football, sets up a team who doesn’t create chances, sets up a team that doesn’t score goals, sets up a team that doesn’t win matches. Why would I back a manager who doesn’t deliver what I personally want to see from my football club. 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’ve said a lot of those things, but I’m not chucking my toys out the pram. Simply why do I want to back a manger who, doesn’t play entertaining football, sets up a team who doesn’t create chances, sets up a team that doesn’t score goals, sets up a team that doesn’t win matches. Why would I back a manager who doesn’t deliver what I personally want to see from my football club. 

Because you are being unfair that’s why. 

You exaggerate.

He knows what he is doing and you need to back off. 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s not a straight line answer

We should have been sensible five years ago so that we wouldn’t have to be slashing costs now 

Recruitment has improved to an extent but the transfers of 15/16 were shambolic and ultimately they’ve proved crippling 

I honestly believe that we must be in dire financial straights if we are losing Chris Martin to length of contract (not even wage) and are letting Jack Marriott leave on loan when that leaves us with one fit first team striker (who we have been using in midfield) 

My initial point was that we are now in a situation comparable to the one Clough found himself in. It is sensible, necessary, Cocu deserves a lot of time… 

Just now, Curtains said:

Because you are being unfair that’s why. 

You exaggerate.

He knows what he is doing and you need to back off. 

Where’s the exaggeration? We had 1 shot on target against Watford and apparently it’s was our best performance of the season. We scored 2 goals in 7 games, we don’t play attractive football. 

And oi don’t tell me to back off, I’m entitled to my opinion and will voice it. 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Where’s the exaggeration? We had 1 shot on target against Watford and apparently it’s was our best performance of the season. We scored 2 goals in 7 games, we don’t play attractive football. 

And oi don’t tell me to back off, I’m entitled to my opinion and will voice it. 

Your opinion is out of touch with the majority of the forum and you are making people feel sick 

10 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Why keep banging on about having yet another new manager.......why do something that hasn’t worked? 

Whats the old saying apparently but  questionably quoted by Einstein about the definition of insanity? ?

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Maybe a manager who sets up to get the best, as he sees it, with what he has available- injuries, funds, terms of reference from the owner, and finally his own ethos aimed at making something better than an also ran championship side. The coins don’t all drop at once, time spent on reconnaissance and planning for the long term is never wasted. We aren’t in the bottom 3, we are trying to build something. What is it with this I want it all and I want now mentality. There is a plan. It isn’t pretty at the moment, I don’t deny it but for crying out loud, you have to rub it down before you paint it, you have to wait for the base coat to dry. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

That's the most arrogant comment I've seen in a long while and that takes some beating. 

I think someone needs a snickers 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

Why keep banging on about having yet another new manager.......why do something that hasn’t worked? 

Whats the old saying apparently but  questionably quoted by Einstein about the definition of insanity? ?

Touché 

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

It’s not a straight line answer

We should have been sensible five years ago so that we wouldn’t have to be slashing costs now 

Recruitment has improved to an extent but the transfers of 15/16 were shambolic and ultimately they’ve proved crippling 

I honestly believe that we must be in dire financial straights if we are losing Chris Martin to length of contract (not even wage) and are letting Jack Marriott leave on loan when that leaves us with one fit first team striker (who we have been using in midfield) 

My initial point was that we are now in a situation comparable to the one Clough found himself in. It is sensible, necessary, Cocu deserves a lot of time… 

But it is isn’t “austerity” ? it’s sanity 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

Maybe a manager who sets up to get the best, as he sees it, with what he has available- injuries, funds, terms of reference from the owner, and finally his own ethos aimed at making something better than an also ran championship side. The coins don’t all drop at once, time spent on reconnaissance and planning for the long term is never wasted. We aren’t in the bottom 3, we are trying to build something. What is it with this I want it all and I want now mentality. There is a plan. It isn’t pretty at the moment, I don’t deny it but for crying out loud, you have to rub it down before you paint it, you have to wait for the base coat to dry. 

Maybe you’re right, I just don’t see it happening with PC.

9 minutes ago, cannable said:

Your point about finances if correct does not follow on to meaning we have to stick with Cocu. If he cannot turn around our performances then we cannot afford relegation and he would have to go.

Archived