Sack cocu

dantheram

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Anyone know where there is a pro Derby County forum? No?.   See you later 

Silly comment. Just because people's views differ doesn't make them pro or anti Derby. If they weren't interested in the club they wouldn't be bothering to be posting on here. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Silly comment. Just because people's views differ doesn't make them pro or anti Derby. If they weren't interested in the club they wouldn't be bothering to be posting on here. 

You've never heard of WUMs then?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who is able to fully agree when we know we were attempting to buy the German striker and in for Wilson. Plus the players we've signed in this window. It might be austerity to Derby but it's not nothing!

I did a typo .. meant to say we aren’t in austerity .. as the signings and efforts we have made show. Ibe andJoz particularly.

It isn’t austerity to say naaaa too much, let’s wait a while and do it properly 

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Whilst I agree with you, the real trouble us fan have is we can better see this when we are at the ground in person, TV coverage doesn’t show the bigger picture. 
I like PC and think things will come together fairly quickly (once the full squad is available for selection).

I believe the lockdown and zero fans in attendance is PC’s only stroke of good fortune since he took over, if fans were still in the ground with the recent run of results he would have undoubtedly been chased out of Derby. 

Are you assuming the negativity of those who attend the games is as great as it is on this forum?

2 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Ah but you forget the whole saying (by Oscar Wilde).

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence ?

If wit was poo this forum would be saturated if not it would be constipated.

Anyhow off to bed had enough negativity for one day lol 

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If wit was poo this forum would be saturated if not it would be constipated.

Anyhow off to bed had enough negativity for one day lol 

It might be the other way round 
If wit was poo this forum would be constipated if not it would be saturated.

That sounds better 

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

there are 2 options for me. My concerns with Cocu is that, in the 35+ years of me consciously watching football, his style and philosophy has never been successful in leading to promotions and titles in ENGLISH football.

So I would look at one of two options. 

1, someone who can get the very best out of players, by either organisation, motivation or tactical prowess. This would be someone who creates that siege mentality, however it doesn't always last long. In this category is the old Billy Davies, Ian Holloway, Slaven Bilic type manager who can inspire players to "run through brick walls".

or 

2, someone with a proven methodology and style that has been proven to work in this league. The football may not always be inspiring or entertaining, but it is often pragmatic and successful. In this category is Sam Alladyce, Neil Warnock, Steve Bruce, Chris Hughton and Sean Dyche.

What is clear to me is that Cocu is neither entertaining, nor getting the best out of players by being an inspirational manager, and his methodology isn't condusive to success in English football. I'm saddened this is the case, but I cannot see anything to suggest I am wrong.

Paul Cook would tick 1 and 2, maybe?

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes absolutely. Though that comment then implies that there are posters on here deliberately WUMMING. Happy for you to call them out if you think so. 

Any posters who fit the bill get put on ignore so....as you were

2 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

Feel like I should be clear here and say im 100% behind Cocu, just suggesting that the transfer window will affect decision making.

I fully expect us to be at least mid table this season.

Cheers, and me too. I expect further storms, moderating north eastly, gale force 7 followed by fair wind, rising slowly, Dogger Bank, forties Ross Cromarty and Bielik light station, ibe, jozwiak, good, occasionally poor, German bight

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

there are 2 options for me. My concerns with Cocu is that, in the 35+ years of me consciously watching football, his style and philosophy has never been successful in leading to promotions and titles in ENGLISH football.

So I would look at one of two options. 

1, someone who can get the very best out of players, by either organisation, motivation or tactical prowess. This would be someone who creates that siege mentality, however it doesn't always last long. In this category is the old Billy Davies, Ian Holloway, Slaven Bilic type manager who can inspire players to "run through brick walls".

or 

2, someone with a proven methodology and style that has been proven to work in this league. The football may not always be inspiring or entertaining, but it is often pragmatic and successful. In this category is Sam Alladyce, Neil Warnock, Steve Bruce, Chris Hughton and Sean Dyche.

What is clear to me is that Cocu is neither entertaining, nor getting the best out of players by being an inspirational manager, and his methodology isn't condusive to success in English football. I'm saddened this is the case, but I cannot see anything to suggest I am wrong.

If Cocu was sacked tomorrow and I was forced to draw up a shortlist it would contain; Howe and Cook as the frontrunners. It would've had Hughton on to but Forest have pulled the pistol first and snagged him. I'd love Slavisa Jokanovic but he's currently in a job so that's a no go. 

I must admit after them I'm struggling to think of reasonably realistic options that I believe could do a job for us. Nigel wouldn't be progression but you know we'd get results against Forest and he'd bring in some bargains. Kenny Jacket would be a left field choice but once again he's in a job so that may be a tough one.

Hopefully Cocu can sort us out and we can stumble at the very least to a lower midtable finish. I'm not convinced he'll ever get us up but I appreciate that funds are low and cutting the wage bill whilst blooding the youth is his main priority.

That said time is running out and two bad results against Huddersfield and Forest could see us having to seriously debate on here who'll be the next man in.

17 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Howe and Cook as the frontrunners. It would've had Hughton

Dunno enough about Cook - he's mostly managed in lower divisions.

I'm exiled in the South and have seen a fair bit of Bournemouth.

It's amusing that those who criticise Cocu for being defensive suggest Howe and Hughton. Also, neither have blooded many academy players.

A few players, including Ibe and Fraser, have raised questions regarding Howe's man management skills aswell.

But, hey ho, at least it's a chance to have someone else, eh?

Archived