Sack cocu

dantheram

5 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

Cocu managerial career win record at 57.8%.

So Cook seems a reasonable option.

4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Cook is exactly the kind of manager the club needs; used to working within a tight budget, proven success at EFL level and develops teams who plays attractive football. He may not be a big name but he would be the perfect fit.

The next Jim 'who'? Smith perhaps?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

What has Anya got to do with either of the two managers? Stopped reading at that point. 

Both managers are accused of underwhelming football, yet one managed under GSE and financial restrictions, whilst the other has been supported by a benefactor.

A benefactor who has wasted £150m, of which Anya is representative. Anya highlights how we have gone from the likes of Bryson/Hendrick & Hughes, a side that had character & honesty, to a bloated squad of overpaid, underperforming 'stars'.

Now do us a favour if you can be bothered. Tot up whatever Clough spent & see it matches what we wasted on Anya, a good £11m+. I reckon it will be close.

But we are cost cutting now? Our wage bill was £40,000,000 in 17/18.

Since those accounts we have let go; Vydra, Weimann, Shackell, Thorne, Pearce, Blackman, Thomas, Hanson, Carson, Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson, Nugent, Jerome, Olsson, Malone*, Lowe, Bogle, Keogh, Anya, Bennett, Martin, Flo Jo*, Delap, Cole* and Marriott*. 

Add on Rowett and Lampard and we’ve made about £33,000,000 and probably knocked halved the wage bill. 

We’ve bought in Evans, Holmes, Malone*, Waghorn, Marriott*, Flo Jo*, Cole*, Bielik, te Wierik, Jozwiak, CKR, Byrne, Marshall, Duncan, Shinnie, Clarke on loan, Ibe and Rooney.  

They cost, collectively around £21,000,000. Without any new accounts we can’t confirm but I’d be surprised if they’re on anywhere near as much as who had left.

Twenty-six players out, seventeen in.

We are back to the days of GSE austerity.

17 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

We’ll soon have that down to a more modest number somewhere in the mid 30’s

If we have 2 bad defeats to Huddersfield and Forest then I can't see the fans putting up with him much longer and I think it will be a matter of time before his sacked. 

17 minutes ago, cannable said:

But we are cost cutting now? Our wage bill was £40,000,000 in 17/18.

Since those accounts we have let go; Vydra, Weimann, Shackell, Thorne, Pearce, Blackman, Thomas, Hanson, Carson, Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson, Nugent, Jerome, Olsson, Malone*, Lowe, Bogle, Keogh, Anya, Bennett, Martin, Flo Jo*, Delap, Cole* and Marriott*. 

Add on Rowett and Lampard and we’ve made about £33,000,000 and probably knocked halved the wage bill. 

We’ve bought in Evans, Holmes, Malone*, Waghorn, Marriott*, Flo Jo*, Cole*, Bielik, te Wierik, Jozwiak, CKR, Byrne, Marshall, Duncan, Shinnie, Clarke on loan, Ibe and Rooney.  

They cost, collectively around £21,000,000. Without any new accounts we can’t confirm but I’d be surprised if they’re on anywhere near as much as who had left.

Twenty-six players out, seventeen in.

We are back to the days of GSE austerity.

Lol “austerity” like it’s some dire draconian political system. ? as fans we pay about 12 million a year so the money for the rest of the “stuff” has to come from someone or somewhere for our entertainment. It isn’t austerity it’s accountancy and common sense. 
I am fed up to the back teeth of this pathetic entitled baalocks from folk that can’t add up. 

2 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

What do you think?  Our wage bill. Or do you think I meant it in relation to what someone paid Paul Ince to be his friend at a BBQ?

Right… but at the start they spent money… it wasn’t until Clough came in that we started cutting costs. Things can change as they have now. 

Since 18/19 we have reinvested around 66% of fees we have received and reduced the wage bill significantly.

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Lol “austerity” like it’s some dire draconian political system. ? as fans we pay about 12 million a year so the money for the rest of the “stuff” has to come from someone or somewhere for our entertainment. It isn’t austerity it’s accountancy and common sense. 
I am fed up to the back teeth of this pathetic entitled baalocks from folk that can’t add up. 

No mate, we aren’t cost cutting, I am talking baalocks, you are right

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think it’s already started. 

Football’s weird though innit. We only have one point less after five games than we did under Clement - whom had taken over the best Derby side for 15 years (at that point) and spent £15,000,000.

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So Cook seems a reasonable option.

The next Jim 'who'? Smith perhaps?

My view is that we should let the players that we have missing come back and then see where are after Christmas.

What I am sure of though, is that if Cocu goes, it’ll be Rooney for austerity reasons (he’s on the payroll already). 

37 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

If we have 2 bad defeats to Huddersfield and Forest then I can't see the fans putting up with him much longer and I think it will be a matter of time before his sacked. 

Do you think they might stop going to matches or start singing ‘Cocu Out’?

1 minute ago, Van Rammeister said:

My view is that we should let the players that we have missing come back and then see where are after Christmas.

What I am sure of though, is that if Cocu goes, it’ll be Rooney for austerity reasons (he’s on the payroll already). 

I think that is what Mel will do, his definition of 'yet'? Not sure about Rooney getting it if Cocu was sacked.

20 hours ago, Ramos said:

Lol I think you sit near me. A guy behind me in a thick Derby accent always says ‘go on Norman’. He also yells far side Forsyth, when a player has the ball  facing the west stand with his head down and somehow expects him to spin and pick out a 40 yard pass. 

What would we give to be able to sit there and hear those shouts now...

9 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

Do you think they might stop going to matches or start singing ‘Cocu Out’?

If you look closely, a few of the life-size card board cut out fans have started wilting in the West Stand. One even collapsed when the Watford goal went in.

To their eternal credit, one or two did stay till the bitter end, singing 'Stand up if you hate Forest'.

27 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

Yea if there is any decision to be made, it won't be till December.

They've backed him, given him his signings. It's pointless to sack him now. The question will be whether they want to back him again.

2 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

What has Anya got to do with either of the two managers? Stopped reading at that point. 

Both managers are accused of underwhelming football, yet one managed under GSE and financial restrictions, whilst the other has been supported by a benefactor.

A benefactor who has wasted £150m, of which Anya is representative. Anya highlights how we have gone from the likes of Bryson/Hendrick & Hughes, a side that had character & honesty, to a bloated squad of overpaid, underperforming 'stars'.

Now do us a favour if you can be bothered. Tot up whatever Clough spent & see it matches what we wasted on Anya, a good £11m+. I reckon it will be close.

1. Pearson signed Anya... not Cocu so your point has zero relevance. 

2. Cocu has had to massively trim the squad to get away from the bloated squad and overpaid stars as you put it. 

3. Feel free to criticize the club, managers as you see fit, but at least get your facts right. 

Archived