Rooney manager. John Gregory assistant.

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Id be suprised if the potential new owners knew who John Gregory was. Equally id be suprised if they'd appointed a 'football person' to help them find a new manager & they suggested the Rooney & Gregory dream team combo 

Yes, you've just described how farcical and totally ridiculous it would be. In which case expect Rooney & Gregory to be confirmed early next week.....  

The biggest threat to Derby at present is relegation. Why would the new owners spend 60 million on the club only to appoint either untested and unqualified managers like Rooney or assistant managers who performed badly when last a manager like Gregory

The club requires an experienced and successful manager at this time.

Rooney intends to play in the next game, a decent manager at this level would not do that

The only reason they might bring Gregory in is as a ‘puppet’ manager, unconcerned that Rooney, sans badges, is actually running things.

Gregory, at 66, and without an impressive recent CV, would probably be delighted to return to the UK on a decent wage, even if he has to bring Wayne’s tea and Jammy Dodgers.

16 hours ago, TimRam said:

If this happens, I will eat my own earwax...and we know how horrid that tastes, right kids?

CccwC_QWoAAu6cE.jpg

We hear you TimRam and you may be able to hear us when you have removed the earwax and consumed it perhaps with a glass of Chianti 1956

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

The only reason they might bring Gregory in is as a ‘puppet’ manager, unconcerned that Rooney, sans badges, is actually running things.

Gregory, at 66, and without an impressive recent CV, would probably be delighted to return to the UK on a decent wage, even if he has to bring Wayne’s tea and Jammy Dodgers.

I will have one of those JDs please. Anag Ram

19 hours ago, Beetroot said:

He's just won the Indian Super League. Incedently that's his first managerial success since leading Aston Villa to the FA Cup final and top of the premier league 20 years ago. His wikipedia page makes interesting reading. 

Get him in.

Indian super league mickey mouse league. 

Regarding Rooney’s lack of “coaching badges”, I’ve managed to get hold of a past exam paper and can safely say that my pet hamster would get a distinction and bar. 

Here are the first two multiple choice questions:

1. What is the shape of a football?

a) Cylinder

b) Sphere 

c) Cube

d) Prism

2. What does the referee use to signal the end of the game?

a) French Horn

b) Klaxon

c) Whistle

d) Didgeridoo 

I’m quietly confident that Wayne could complete this test, therefore I don’t think we need worry ourselves on the lack of these particular adornments. 

Just now, Abu Derby said:

Regarding Rooney’s lack of “coaching badges”, I’ve managed to get hold of a past exam paper and can safely say that my pet hamster would get a distinction and bar. 

a) Cylinder

b) Sphere 

c) Cube

d) Prism

a) French Horn

b) Klaxon

c) Whistle

d) Didgeridoo 

I’m quietly confident that Wayne could complete this test, therefore I don’t think we need worry ourselves on the lack of these particular adornments. 

476FD54C-FE68-41C4-AAE7-87A4EF6E7729.jpeg

19 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Id be suprised if the potential new owners knew who John Gregory was. Equally id be suprised if they'd appointed a 'football person' to help them find a new manager & they suggested the Rooney & Gregory dream team combo 

Isn't how these things work

It'll all be about agents

Who is Gregory's agent?

22 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

a) Cylinder

b) Sphere 

c) Cube

d) Prism

a) French Horn

b) Klaxon

c) Whistle

d) Didgeridoo 

First ones a bit tricky........

Archived