Rooney manager. John Gregory assistant.

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the run we have been on and the mood of his overall tenure, replacing Cocu wouldn’t come as too much of a surprise.

If we replaced him with an experienced manager at this level, I don’t see there being any outrage. Well, minimal outrage. If someone like Paul Cook or Eddie Howe came in, I think there would actually be some excitement and intrigue.

But replacing him with Rooney would just seem like a soap opera, and not one of the good kind. It would create more questions than answers and more instability and uncertainty than needed, and inevitably it will make people question the dynamic in the dressing room and whether Rooney’s influence has been a healthy one or one laced with self-interest.

As many of you know, from minute one, I’ve not been a fan of this Rooney deal. It’s always seemed to be a circus - a luxury we can’t afford, more trouble than it’s worth, and very discomforting to see us bend over backwards to accommodate Rooney.

When you consider all of the hoops we have jumped through for Rooney - giving him the captaincy, making him a guaranteed starter irrespective of fitness or performance, making him the highest earner at the club, and so on - this next step doesn’t seem that unthinkable sadly.

You also have to wonder whether Mel bought into the hype when people kept saying (rather outrageously) that Rooney and Rooney alone was the catalyst for our mid-season revival, and now that is all coming home to roost.

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Nah, Talk Sport won't divulge that as it makes you less likely to listen for long enough to hear the ad breaks they throw to every 4 minutes. 

I've got it on and they claim it's 'after the break' - We're on the ad break now but ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If Mel Morris doesn't shut this utter nonsense down then I can only conclude he's gone full Colonel Kurtz. He's vanished up the Derwent river and started his own cult in the Peak District.

"Your next two away matches are Huddersfield and Notts Forest, how do you feel about the fixtures"

"The horror........the horror..........."

Archived