Rooney manager. John Gregory assistant.

DcFc Dyycheee

Still nothing in the Derby Telegraph.

It’s almost like they don’t know what’s going on!

If true, I think it’s a sad day for Derby County.

How can Cocu lead the team with this going on? If we beat Watford then lose to Huddersfield does he get the sack?

Anyway, may not be true so let’s not hang anyone just yet.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most annoying thing about this is that this sort of reporting will put players off because we look unstable.

If you are Harry Wilson and you have the option of three clubs are you really going to go to the one that looks like it's about to sack the manager and take a huge, risky punt on a bloke that has got about as much charisma as a tin of beige paint?

Typical Derby.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

For what it’s worth, I was told of a rumour about 6 weeks ago that Rooney was being lined up to replace Cocu. A mate of mine from childhood days has a boy playing professional football, with links to Paul Stretford. Laughed it off at the time. Still think it unlikely, but stranger things have happened at our club.

Wouldn't surprise me if it this happened 1-2 years from now but this is too soon.

21 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Yeah I was there too. Forest fans starting singing "Goodbye John Gregory" and the majority of the Derby fans actually joined in!

Terrible night, which started bad for myself getting stranded on the A52 when the mini bus drove off and left me while having a pee! ........I flagged down a car with a Forest scarf hanging out the window (as I knew where he was going) and the kind Red Dog dropped me off right out side the away end ???

Anyway hope Cocu doesn’t go and it’s all BS 

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

How can Cocu lead the team with this going on? If we beat Watford then lose to Huddersfield does he get the sack?

They will probably have a meeting at training and go "this is nonsense" and carry on. I imagine footballers are conditioned to not believe everything they read regarding rumours/speculation etc. There's so much ******** regarding their own careers during transfer windows, you just have to ignore it.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The most annoying thing about this is that this sort of reporting will put players off because we look unstable.

If you are Harry Wilson and you have the option of three clubs are you really going to go to the one that looks like it's about to sack the manager and take a huge, risky punt on a bloke that has got about as much charisma as a tin of beige paint?

Typical Derby.

You could be on to something here, this could be put out there just to sideswipe our move for Harry Wilson. 
Dirty tricks indeed, but nonetheless surprising. 

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

Why are you so confident of that? May not be completely true about Gregory and the timing but there's no smoke without fire. 

There often is in football rumours then again in the transfer threads you see people blindly believing any old link.

45 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Maybe Cocu is on death row so to speak, won't be sacked yet but Mel is considering it and if we lose tommorow then he will be a goner. 

That is basically exactly what the full text of that daft Sun article says. You didn't write it did you?

In the old days you knew where to find the t*ts in the Sun.....now, since the end of page 3 they pop up anywhere under various guises.....?

Timing wise it makes no sense.

With Forest and Bournemouth coming up, putting Rooney in defeats the purpose. No point making a decision designed to lift the players and then throwing him straight in to tough games with so many players injured/off form.

Cocu should get us to at least Barnsley, that gives us time to assess if the players will play for him. We know there's 3 tough ones in there, so expecting us to go on a 6 match winning streak is unrealistic, but if they fight, and if they can pick up results against Huddersfield, QPR and Barnsley, then he shouldn't be going anywhere. 

I imagine the Forest game will be massive if he's still here. Wouldn't be the first time Mel has made a reaction after that particular match. 

Whoever wrote it is clearly building up unnecessary and unwelcome pressure for the Watford game.

I hope we get the win now for Cocu.

My only hope is that there isnt some sort of undermining going on here, I hope the players back Cocu and there isnt some underhand tactics going on to get Cocu out of his job and give Wayne the job. I like Rooney, but not sure if id be happy with him as our manager just yet.

Archived