Rooney manager. John Gregory assistant.

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’ve woke up in an alternative universe. John Gregory is coming back and we are signing a old bloke playing in Mexico as our striking focal point ?? 

last time I remember Mr Gregory associated with us was when the whole of the City Ground (including us) was singing “you’re getting sacked in the morning” what a wonderful evening in Shottingham that was ?

Yeah I was there too. Forest fans starting singing "Goodbye John Gregory" and the majority of the Derby fans actually joined in!

9 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Everything about this makes me uneasy. There’s the old saying ‘there’s no smoke without fire”. I know the Sun is not a reliable source however It seems like a very specific thing to write about at 11 at night. Sounds like someone’s had a tip off from somewhere. Also magnifies our transfer dealings in the next 2 days and obviously the match on Friday. 

It would be a most unusual change of direction wouldn’t it TomTom.

9 hours ago, Coconut said:

Basically just fulfilling their "let's do a big story mentioning Wayne Rooney, that will grab headlines" quota and this was the easiest option tatrgeted towards the biggest bunch of idiots who'll believe any old poo possible.

Just the sort of attention you get when you have 'big names' at your club.

The easier story would have been linking Rooney with one of the older ladies who modelled the third kit.

If this happens we will be the club that the press says we are. Hoping garbage. Could it be because Rooney ready for management now and its to lure other offers out before we snap him up? If Cocu isnt given chance for signings to bed in and injuries to return then that is total rubbish

This really is gathering pace and I am personally quite dissatisfied.

The questions I have should this be true are..

1/ Does Cocu deserve the boot?
2/ Does Rooney have the qualifications to become our manager?

I think PC has had a really rough deal during his time here and a lesser man (cough cough splutter... Frank Lampard I’m looking at you) would’ve crumbled and walked away long before now. 

So if these reports are indeed true, loyalty and integrity clearly count for nothing at DCFC. What a truly sad state of affairs ????

For what it’s worth, I was told of a rumour about 6 weeks ago that Rooney was being lined up to replace Cocu. A mate of mine from childhood days has a boy playing professional football, with links to Paul Stretford. Laughed it off at the time. Still think it unlikely, but stranger things have happened at our club.

Archived