Rooney manager. John Gregory assistant.

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking its crazy letting a manager bring his own players in and then sacking him before some have even played, and then realising its a totally Forest thing to do. 

Other thought, maybe Mel could do what Ben Robinson did at Burton and use Covid to convince the manager to step down in the name of cost cutting. 

Right.  Tin hat on. 

It could be connected with the rumours about possible incoming investment.  Maybe the new investors/owners (if this happens) have made this part of the deal.  "Clear the decks before we come in and appoint WR as manager".  Perhaps they see the brand attraction that WR has.  Maybe they like the publicity Frank brought with him - and the buzz.  Who knows?  Barry is certainly active on Twitter today (I know, I know) implying there's some off field activity. 

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Maybe Cocu is on death row so to speak, won't be sacked yet but Mel is considering it and if we loose tommorow then he will be a goner. 

You're saying Mel wanted Cocu to perform in our hardest run of the season which included 3 relegated teams from the Prem or he's sacked? Get real.

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

You're saying Mel wanted Cocu to perform in our hardest run of the season which included 3 relegated teams from the Prem or he's sacked? Get real.

It is ridiculous. Normally I would say so ridiculous it will never happen but football does strange things. If it does, I am done.

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Well for one Mel may be very unhappy with the style of football and I would n't blame him and for 2 being a relegated team doesn't automatically make you a better team than the rest, Watford is a winnable game no different to Luton or Blackburn. 

I’ve woke up in an alternative universe. John Gregory is coming back and we are signing a old bloke playing in Mexico as our striking focal point ?? 

last time I remember Mr Gregory associated with us was when the whole of the City Ground (including us) was singing “you’re getting sacked in the morning” what a wonderful evening in Shottingham that was ?

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I think we need to take into consideration the run from the end of last season together with the start of this one (from Mel's perspective as owner).

16 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

If anyone is interested Alan Brazil has signed that Talksport are about to cover this 'story'.

Which can be summarised as. Brazil says there is a story in the Sun and isn't sure that Rooney would make a good manager but Jamie O' Hara thinks he would be a great manager but not yet.

Personally im alot more worried we are about to appoint someone with the nouse of getting so easily sent off by his fellow pal ( supposed ) in ronaldo .I mean come on this guy has done some questionable things off field and lost all his brain cells on the footy field when it matters most and we think he is going to have the nouse to be a good football manager .He is even playing now when his legs have gone he surely should be telling manager to play be as a sub late on .

Im sorry but all this is going to do is come across as a dumb mans lampard , a cheap easy fix to get Derby in the headlights and get MAYBE a few names in .Longterm this is going to be disastrous and  im no Cocu fan as the guy has no real charisma . 

Go and listen to the nigel callaghan interview last night on radio Derby and REALLY LISTEN if you want to understand the importance of a nowadays manager has in getting the gel of the team right and creating the right atmosphere , players either respond to the manager or good players totally switch off .

Rooney with his famous temper creating the right atmosphere , you must be absolutley deluded .Mark my words this is going to go sourer quicker than a cream bun in turkey .But for 5 minutes that cream bun will surely taste fantastic .

Over and out 

Tin hat on .

P.s We need a firm manager that creates tight knit team bond and who is on the attacking side .Its not hard to do this footy lark .

Archived