Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

It’s also pretty obvious COVID has put us in a real hole financially. Surely we’ll be struggling to even cover wages at present let alone be bringing players in? 

I for one am just pleased that we’ve managed to retain Sibley and although expectations are pretty low with our attacking options am quietly hoping to be surprised and see if Cocu can work some magic on a real shoestring and blooding youngsters. We won’t be winning every game that’s for sure, but, if we can find a formula that works and get Duncan and JHI in and around the first team and producing then I’ll think we’ll all be pretty happy that we’ve managed to get through this COVID period without having to spend much of anything. 

Would really make a refreshing change to some of the high profile, big money flops we’ve had in recent years. Let’s show a little faith, get behind the team and see what the next 5 or 6 games can bring. Once we have Waggy, Ibe,  Lawrence and Bielik fit we will actually have decent options all over the pitch. Just need one of the younger lads to stake a claim for the striker role then who knows? 

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, europia said:

I don't understand this signing.....on any level. It would perhaps be nice to hear something from our recruitment team? 

We've scouted well over a thousand players to strengthen our forward line.... then decided to make it 50% worse on transfer deadline day instead.

That about sums it up. 

7 hours ago, europia said:

I don't understand this signing.....on any level. It would perhaps be nice to hear something from our recruitment team? 

Think Steve Mac son is still part of the recruitment team, getting his own back for his dad lol. But seriously why we could not get better in is beyond me, unless it's true, and we are that close to FFP, we have no choice. And as for Mels interview, talk about a politician's answer, Mel said nothing at all, just wish he could be up front and admit he ducked up, and has put us in danger of breaking FFP rules, because that is his responsibility, he can not blame that on Rush or any one else. And why did he not sue Rush in court, if Rush was so guilty, all ducking games as per, just want my Derby back without all the board room politics getting in the way all the ducking time. Rant over. Enjoy your evening all. 

9 hours ago, europia said:

This whole slating of the ‘recruitment team’ is starting to grate on me. It’s pretty bloody obvious that Kazim Richards is about the 10th choice. He’s cheap as chips which seems to be a deciding factor. This signing is purely down to finances rather than the ‘recruitment team’. Give it a rest!! 

On the whole signings have been decent this summer. We’ve just had an absolute mare in the signing of a key position. Not their fault though. 

18 minutes ago, enachops said:

This whole slating of the ‘recruitment team’ is starting to grate on me. It’s pretty bloody obvious that Kazim Richards is about the 10th choice. He’s cheap as chips which seems to be a deciding factor.

And that's not recruitments fault? They don't know what they're looking for or the budget is? ?

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

https://theathletic.com/2139914/2020/10/17/Derby-rooney-cocu-striker-goals/

Couldn't even sign him in time to play apparently?

"...and new signing Colin Kazim-Richards hadn’t registered in time to play."

He’s not fit anyway just like Ibe. We would have been much better off going back for Jerome in light of who we ended up with.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

And that's not recruitments fault? They don't know what they're looking for or the budget is? ?

Not if he is the nearest fit to the profile of player we were looking for, at the price we were willing to pay. Could it be that they've played a blinder finding someone as "good" as CKR?

Archived