Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

no 

As I don't get to see anything other than Derby's games, I have to admit I'd never even heard of him before this thread started. Having seen some of the comments it doesn't appear to be anything more than a poor signing, but hopefully the coaching staff have seen something that he can bring to the team. Surely he can't be as bad as some are making out? It would be nice if he can prove many to be wrong.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fairly obvious that CKR is a cover player until we find the CF we want. He won't be on much money and we would rather be paying him £5k a week than Marriott £15 a week to be 3rd choice.

Bucko was brought in on the same basis. He was 4th choice CB on £2k instead of Albrechtson being 4th choice of £15k.  

Was wondering where the link between Cocu and Kazim might have come from for this move to have happened, and came up with this theory:
In 2014/15, when Kazim was in his first season at Feyenoord, he had probably his most successful season: 12 goals and 5 assists in 29 league and playoff games, plus 1 goal and 3 assists in 7 Europa League games.
His manager during this season was Fred Rutten.
Prior to this Rutten was PSV manager from 2009 to 2012, during which time his assistant was Phillip Cocu.

Maybe he's a recommendation from Rutten, who had managed to get the best out of Kazim?

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Chris Martin has got 17 for Scotland. Just saying.

17 for a Scotland team that made it to a Semi-Final of a major championship? Thought not.

Time to stop comparing everyone to Martin. It automatically warps people’s first views on incoming players which is unfair to judge them by.

I don’t think CKR will be able to win over many fans no matter how well he might do. Too many are still raw about our best striker of recent seasons leaving us (not ya letting him go).

46 minutes ago, roboto said:

17 for a Scotland team that made it to a Semi-Final of a major championship? Thought not.

Time to stop comparing everyone to Martin. It automatically warps people’s first views on incoming players which is unfair to judge them by.

I don’t think CKR will be able to win over many fans no matter how well he might do. Too many are still raw about our best striker of recent seasons leaving us (not ya letting him go).

Roboto I hope you are not mistaking me for being a Martinite. If you follow the thread you might see I was just highlighting that you can win a reasonable number of caps for a minor footballing Nation and still be rubbish. Still not scored a League goal this season I note. Nor has he been called up by Scotland for a while.

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Roboto I hope you are not mistaking me for being a Martinite. If you follow the thread you might see I was just highlighting that you can win a reasonable number of caps for a minor footballing Nation and still be rubbish. Still not scored a League goal this season I note. Nor has he been called up by Scotland for a while.

Nick Pickering got an England cap he definitely wasn't rubbi....... oh, wait a minute.

I honestly don't know anything about CKR, but Turkey are, or at least were, a much better team than Scotland have been probably in the whole of their history. He could be as rubbish as everyone is making out, but I at least want to see him play 30 seconds of football for DCFC before throwing him on the scrap heap.

On 19/10/2020 at 08:00, BulloRams said:

I just get occasional info not enough to be resident maybe ?

On 19/10/2020 at 08:20, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We'll put you on a retainer if you've got more info like that.

A bar of lukewarm chocolate and a packet of refrigerated crisps is the going rate @BulloRams 

Chris Martin knocked us back but we're hoping you come cheap  ? ?

Still shocked to see that Sturridge is without a club.. I know it's an expensive one and he probably would rather go to a club in the prem but crikey you would have thought that we would be on that... 

Then again, injuries would probably put off suitors.. But what if? 

2 hours ago, Beetle said:

We might have asked already and simply cannot afford it? We must have approached other centre forwards before we ended up with CKR?

CKR was top of the list I'll have you know... shame the list was being held upside down mind.

Archived