Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

On 17/10/2020 at 20:59, enachops said:

This whole slating of the ‘recruitment team’ is starting to grate on me. It’s pretty bloody obvious that Kazim Richards is about the 10th choice. He’s cheap as chips which seems to be a deciding factor. This signing is purely down to finances rather than the ‘recruitment team’. Give it a rest!! 

On the whole signings have been decent this summer. We’ve just had an absolute mare in the signing of a key position. Not their fault though. 

Nonsense. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

While we're in the mood for getting rid of people, I know he's not been here long but can we cancel this guy's contract too please?

When he came on today he was about 3 levels more terrible than Connor Sammon.

I got his measure the first time I saw him play. He’s a lumbering has been like two others in the team. No slight on them all as they have all been good players but the championship will find you out.

14 hours ago, Coconut said:

While we're in the mood for getting rid of people, I know he's not been here long but can we cancel this guy's contract too please?

When he came on today he was about 3 levels more terrible than Connor Sammon.

And he still did better then Rooney ?

2 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

And he still did better then Rooney ?

Did he though? He was on his ar5e twice in 5 minutes, whilst he has not had long, he has not even managed to have a shot on target in 5 appearances.....quite frankly he is worse or on a par with Dichio, Best, Blackstock, Manel, Holdsworth.  He is a Sunday league player.  His XG is 0.11 (by comparison, forysth's is 0.10, Wisdom 0.23, JHI 0.35, Whitakker 0.44)

We would have been better getting Jerome back if we were looking for a cheap option. Otherwise we should give Whittaker, JHI or Stretton a chance.

19 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Did he though? He was on his ar5e twice in 5 minutes, whilst he has not had long, he has not even managed to have a shot on target in 5 appearances.....quite frankly he is worse or on a par with Dichio, Best, Blackstock, Manel, Holdsworth.  He is a Sunday league player.  His XG is 0.11 (by comparison, forysth's is 0.10, Wisdom 0.23, JHI 0.35, Whitakker 0.44)

We would have been better getting Jerome back if we were looking for a cheap option. Otherwise we should give Whittaker, JHI or Stretton a chance.

Yes maybe but he didn't give the ball away like Rooney I would love to see Rooney passing stats from Saturday he was so bad but it seems like we have to play him changed the formation like 5 times to try and keep Rooney in the side and even changing it to suit Rooney he was still awful! Also how many minutes has he played and we don't really create anything for our strikers to shoot from 

The guy has been brought on at the very end of matches which for quite a few of we've been holding out for a win or draw, with the back four no further forward than the six yard box. Even if we were pushing for wins it must be very difficult affect things in 5, 6 or even 10 minutes.

14 minutes ago, richinspain said:

The guy has been brought on at the very end of matches which for quite a few of we've been holding out for a win or draw, with the back four no further forward than the six yard box. Even if we were pushing for wins it must be very difficult affect things in 5, 6 or even 10 minutes.

Doesn't this give you a clue as to the fact that even Cocu thinks he pretty ordinary?

53 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Clearly a panic signing, but we hadn't replaced Martin as a target man, and a striker hadn't been our top priority for the rest of the window....somehow. ?

Except that it was. We just couldn't get anyone in.

Agree that CKR was a panic signing, though.

12 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Except that it was. We just couldn't get anyone in.

I could be wrong, and if I am then I take it back, but from memory all of the strikers that we were linked with and acknowledged as targets came relatively late in the window.

One of Martin's strongest assets as a striker is his ability to act as the target man. We've struggled more than a few times when he's been unavailable and we haven't been able to cover that ability. As soon as it became clear that Martin wasn't going to be part of our squad going forward then replacing him, IMO, should have been absolute top, A1, priority. Instead we let it rumble on while we sorted the defence out and it got to the point where we were being linked with more and more outlandish options as the window got narrower and narrower.

We should know from recent years that our attack is invaluable as it's bailed out the defence time and time again. Now we're left with a toothless forward line and the defence is barely recognisable as being much better than it was before we started improving it.

5 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Yes maybe but he didn't give the ball away like Rooney I would love to see Rooney passing stats from Saturday he was so bad but it seems like we have to play him changed the formation like 5 times to try and keep Rooney in the side and even changing it to suit Rooney he was still awful! Also how many minutes has he played and we don't really create anything for our strikers to shoot from 

Nail on the head. A striker can't score if we don't get it to him in the first place. 

So where is the real problem????

2 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Clearly a panic signing, but we hadn't replaced Martin as a target man, and a striker hadn't been our top priority for the rest of the window....somehow. ?

Not a panic signing. A cheap as chips signing we can afford to get rid of quite quickly.

If you're selling the club and you won't be around for the next transfer window (when there will hopefully be money to spend) why would you sign anyone for say £4m that the current manager doesn't want? CKR is clearly a stop-gap.

And with that thinking a bit of me thinks all this Covid isolation stuff is to protect the manager and see him through till January ?

25 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Nail on the head. A striker can't score if we don't get it to him in the first place. 

So where is the real problem????

The negative football is where it all comes from our first thought is backwards to keep the ball, what the the top teams they only go backwards when it's last resort if they can go forward they will we don't we go to the midfield back to the defence back to the keeper then decide to boot it forward then we are under pressure again 

42 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

Not a panic signing. A cheap as chips signing we can afford to get rid of quite quickly.

If you're selling the club and you won't be around for the next transfer window (when there will hopefully be money to spend) why would you sign anyone for say £4m that the current manager doesn't want? CKR is clearly a stop-gap.

And with that thinking a bit of me thinks all this Covid isolation stuff is to protect the manager and see him through till January ?

CKR is definitely a stop-gap. I'd just rather we'd have not bothered and give one of the kids a chance. If the plan is to bring on CKR late in games then a nippy youngster with bags of energy to burn would have been my preference to bring on against tired defences. That being said, that plan falls over as opposition defences aren't tired as they're rarely put under much pressure. 

If Cocu's still here in January then I fear we'll be in serious trouble. Looks like he's lost a lot of the team, and even more fans. I can't see a way back for him after the last couple of results. 4 points was an absolute minimum, to come away with none....I just can't see how his position is tenable in any way.

I think we all know the reason's why we ended up signing CKR but once you have signed him (and on a 1 year contract) not to have any clear idea of how your going to utilise him is puzzling.

At his age, he is not going to develop now, or increase in re-sale value so if he is short term, use him in some way. Surely Cocu is well aware of his attributes (which have over time naturally declined). There must be some sort of role in mind for him, yet he seems lost (along with number of players) just drifting at the club.

We as club have lost our sense of direction,purpose and focus.

Everything appears to be aimless and were drifting slowly but surely downwards each week. The morale of the club and supporters being steady sucked out. 

Sorry to be so pessimistic. 

I must stop before i end up slashing my wrist or something.

WAKE UP Mr Morris and MR Cocu and please do something NOW !

7 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

We as club have lost our sense of direction, purpose and focus.

Everything appears to be aimless and were drifting slowly but surely downwards each week. The morale of the club and supporters being steady sucked out. 

Sorry to be so pessimistic. 

I must stop before i end up slashing my wrist or something.

WAKE UP Mr Morris and MR Cocu and please do something NOW !

Agree.

The philosophy underpinning the club in recent years has come directly from Mel. Mel's been looking for investment, possibly with a view to stepping away, for some time. That being the case, you wonder how dogmatic he remains about the vision. Perhaps the lack of direction and purpose comes from the very top and permeates across the rest of the club. We're probably fortunate that Wassall still seems to be driving it in the Academy.

Archived