Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

56 goals in. . . 16 years!! ?

It would be laughable if didn’t spend the majority of his career playing as a striker! 

There are Centre backs with better goal scoring records. . . short term or not, to go from Martin to this is nothing short of a farce

What happened to Roseniors “1000’s” of players?

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, admira said:

Smacks of Dean Holdsworth again 

To be fair, it's not quite the same. Holdsworth was only drafted in because he was assistant manager. We haven't dropped to the level of sticking Twan Scheepers out...
yet.

Even though I have posted in a derogatory manner it is always possible that CKR knows this is his last hurrah and has busted a gut in training to prove he's worth a chance. 

He will have a lot of experience and is physical. 

He may not score many but it's just possible he might create chances for others. 

image.png.0442133c4d6a53f5fafff91eb7fc0712.png

6 minutes ago, Derbados said:

56 goals in. . . 16 years!! ?

It would be laughable if didn’t spend the majority of his career playing as a striker! 

There are Centre backs with better goal scoring records. . . short term or not, to go from Martin to this is nothing short of a farce

What happened to Roseniors “1000’s” of players?

79 goals and 44 assists in 488 games to be more exact. My recollection is he spent most of his career in this country as a winger, before switching to CF in his later years.
He's coming in as (probably) 4th choice CF and is absolutely not the replacement for Martin. He's coming in as cheap cover for Waghorn, Marriott, and possibly Rooney

Looks like this is the minority view on here but got a feeling this will prove to be a great move.

When everyone is fit, we have a number of goalscoring attacking midfielders/wingers...Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe, Sibley, Knight & potentially Wilson. What we don't have is a platform up top to enable us to dominate play higher up the park. Kazim-Richards is a strong, technically decent & mobile (if not pacey) CF that in theory should be able to hold the ball, bring others into play & offer some movement. I dont see him scoring many but he could help others to score a hatful. At worst, he's an option off the bench...at best, he is the missing piece of the jigsaw to get the side firing.

Welcome to Derby CKR. Prove the doubters wrong ?

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

79 goals and 44 assists in 488 games to be more exact. My recollection is he spent most of his career in this country as a winger, before switching to CF in his later years.
He's coming in as (probably) 4th choice CF and is absolutely not the replacement for Martin. He's coming in as cheap cover for Waghorn, Marriott, and possibly Rooney

I hope you’re right mate! You’ve made me feel slightly better about it though I must say 

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Maybe a fair comparison is Hal Robson-Kanu, who's stats according to Transfermarkt are 64 goals and 29 assists in 412 games?

A player who's preferred at West Brom over 2 other strikers of theirs we've been heavily linked with.

Right then.  Just seen this on Insta.  Initial reaction was "WHAT THE ACTUAL...!", but having breathed through a paper bag for a few minutes, I've calmed down, and now holding out hope that he turns out to be a Shefki Kuqi style signing.  As in, he won't score very often, but he'll slot in precisely how we want to play and bring the best out of Ibe, Lawrence, Sibley & The Polish Messi. 

Bill Murray Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

Archived