Any realistic striker options out there now ?

Keepyuppy

With the Austin and Davis loan options looking increasingly doubtful to me now, together that don’t personally think I’d actually want Austin now and I can’t really see what Davis would bring to our starting XI, who else is out there to pursue. 
Should we hold off until Jan window, if we can get buy with a possible returning Waghorn and Martiott, Rooney striker option ?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said it before and i will say it again, if he is willing to meet us in the middle on wages why not give daniel sturridge a go? give him 2 years with an option of another should the club want, whats there to lose? he will only cost us wages. Yes he is a little injury prone, but the right manager, giving him time could see him back to his liverpool days where he was scoring for fun.

I am sure uncle Dean will put in a good word too

I'm surprised Sturridge hasnt been linked to us by anyone, I felt certain he would join us.

I honestly dont think we will sign anyone now, not sure how that can be however, it's clear Cocu wants/needs something to enable him to play a certain way, without that missing piece it's hardly worth Cocu being here tbh, poor bloke.

We just need to hope Waghorn can get himself fit and get scoring goals for Derby.

There's plenty of options out there... whether we go with any of them remains to be seen!

It'll either be a Prem loan or a lower league striker on the cheap IMO, but for both of those there's options. Wickham from Palace? Zohore from WBA? Pigott from Wimbledon? I just hope we get someone from that list (or a striker of a similar mould) in, because they're the kind of forward players we need to be able to play the way Cocu wants us to effectively.

31 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

There's plenty of options out there... whether we go with any of them remains to be seen!

It'll either be a Prem loan or a lower league striker on the cheap IMO, but for both of those there's options. Wickham from Palace? Zohore from WBA? Pigott from Wimbledon? I just hope we get someone from that list (or a striker of a similar mould) in, because they're the kind of forward players we need to be able to play the way Cocu wants us to effectively.

Sign the top striker from league 1 and 2 with the most goals from last season and this that Brentford have not already signed.

Archived